Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading some posts and starting to find more people who have or are about to give up on waiting for this bike. So what is your give up date or do you have one?

Myself, I don't think I will give up. This bike is what I want. If there was something comparable to it minus the Kawi (not a fan) I know I would have jumped ship about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just been reading some posts and starting to find more people who have or are about to give up on waiting for this bike. So what is your give up date or do you have one?

Myself, I don't think I will give up. This bike is what I want. If there was something comparable to it minus the Kawi (not a fan) I know I would have jumped ship about 2 weeks ago.
As much as it is frustrating waiting for my CBR250R to arrive, I am going to wait it out. I have my CBR125R and my WR250R to keep me happy right now anyway - so I'm still happily riding. I feel bad for those who have no bike in their stable and are waiting in anticpation for their CBR250R so they can take their first ride of the season.

I've ridden a Ninja 250R quite a bit. A friend has one. It is a great bike. Really fun to ride, good power, handles well, and sounds great. If Kawasaki had imported the fuel-injected version, I'd have one in my stable right now. I am just unwilling to buy a carbed bike anymore. I rode a Ninja 250R for my MSF course and simply trying to get the Ninja 250R started on cold mornings was a lesson in patience and frustration. With my CBR125R and WR250R, they start-up right away and I don't have to warm them up before I set off on my ride.

Mike

·
Registered
928 Posts
My give up date was this coming Monday. Luckily 2 of the 3 came in today. Guy who ordered the red one probaly isnt happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gave Up!

I gave up two weeks ago. I purchased the 2011 Honda Shadow Phantom instead and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to sell my car first, before I can get mine (tight budget). But it is my bike of choice and I will wait for one if I have to because it best fills the checklist I have for a second bike. I need something super-reliable!

·
Registered
529 Posts
The real bikers will wave. Whether on the CBR or the Harley I wave at everybody, even the scooters.
I'm the same way Madd-Trapper. I wave to all motorcycle riders and scooter riders. The scooter riders typically don't wave back, and I believe it is because they are so shocked that a motorcyclist is waving at them, that they don't react in time. :) I wave at Harley riders too. Some don't wave back - but some actually DO. When someone waves at me, I don't see it as just a gesture of kinship and camaraderie, it also suggests to me that the rider is aware of their surroundings and is aware of another rider on the road. Alert riding is smart riding.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will wait until the cows come home. This will be a great addition to the Honda Farm. Here is one of my latest additions, 1989 Honda VTR250 with 3k in mileage.
URL=http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/ozzie406/?action=view&current=89HondaVTR250A.jpg]
[/URL]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts