Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a nice little net with like 4 hooks on each side, but I can't find where to strap em onto. Am i missing something? is it supposed to tuck under the seat?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hook my tail bag (which uses four straps w/ hooks like your net) by hooking the rear straps to each other under the rear seat and the front hooks stretch to the rear foot peg brackets. Holds tight.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ah, my one & only gripe. No tie down hooks or notches.
I almost feel guilty complaining about it since it's not a flaw but rather an absence of what could have been a great feature.

I do as the others have posted. I use a combination of rear peg brackets, license plate bracket and hooking the hooks to each other underneath.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Would zipties work or do you need to remove the net on a regular basis?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks, I'll try to see if I can stretch it, and hook them to each other underneath the seat, but boy oh boy is that seat a pain in the butt to put back into place.

·
Registered
999 Posts
That sucks, I'll try to see if I can stretch it, and hook them to each other underneath the seat, but boy oh boy is that seat a pain in the butt to put back into place.

No removal of seat necessary.
Under the seat means under the whole rear section.
The hooks hook onto each other below the tail section and above the rear tire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No removal of seat necessary.
Under the seat means under the whole rear section.
The hooks hook onto each other below the tail section and above the rear tire.
Yeah I suppose that makes sense given that the net stretches. I actually went ahead and locked them on each other under the seat. The seat locked in with the net attached and hooks under seat. Haven't tested to see how it holds cargo, but I suppose its up to the quality of the net.

Do you think putting it under the whole rear is the better way to go?

·
745 Posts
I put Sato Street Hooks on my bike:

Notes:

• They are aimed at people trying to remove the passenger pegs, but the right peg bracket supports the exhaust, so it has to stay. Anyways, mine came with longer bolts for the right side since they assumed the passenger peg on the left would be removed. Easy fix, just got two bolts to match the longer ones and kept the pegs on both sides
  • If I use the cargo net alone, I just hook the net itself over the two grab handles at the rear of the seat, hook the front two hooks into the Sato hooks, and secure the middle two hooks under whatever is in the net
  • Be sure to check the direction you insert the hook to make sure you don't scratch the paint.
  • When I bought the bolts I also bought SS washers.
Luke

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Since you net only has 4 hooks, maybe its smaller?...the 6 hook nets are only $5 and easily stretch from one rear set bracket to the other and under the tail section,with gear under it....and can be found everywhere, both online and in brick/mortar stores. I generally use my net to carry my 17' laptop and case...i have used it to bring home 3 bags of groceries too..holds it all very tight..I just wad it up and stick it under the rear seat when i im not using it.

Dont mean to hijack ur thread but, Hey luke? I saw a pic of ur tank pad protector in the saddlebag thread, never seen one like that before,very cool looking, where did you get it? online? got a link to it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got one of the cheap 6-hook nets and use it to hold my backpack.
Two hooks go into the front corners of the passanger seat.
The middle two hooks go into the slots on the bottom side of the passanger grab handles. (found just forward of the actual handles)
The last two hooks get hooked together just above the taillight with the net snagged under the ends of the grab handles.

I guess if I end up carrying anything smaller I might have to get creative with the hook points. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts