Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ordered a ContourRoam hands free camcorder..initially I intended to use the included profile mount on the side of my helmet..but I now see before it has even arrived that since I have a modular flip up helmet.. I would have to mount it towards the rear of the helmet thus ensuring that half the frame will always be filled with a closeup view of the side of my helm....putting it on top of my helm is simply out of the question all together for obvious reasons..

So with that out..its on to plan B

I was thinking maybe a suction mount or bar mount...we dont have much available bar space on the CBR250R...I already have a Ram stem mount that is reserved exclusively for my TomTom gps..

how do you guys who use one mount yours?..maybe one of you will give me an epiphany.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am still a new rider but is there room under the nose cone headlamp? Sort of up against a ferring? I know there are glues that would bond well with any surface but you may not be able to remove the mount. You would get a view of nothing but straight in front of you. I do like helmet camera videos where you see what they see. For as many small cameras there are like the one pictured below, you would think mounting one on the chin of your helmet would be the best option. Right in the center sort of as if it was in your mouth. Whats the smallest HD camera available?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would suggest not using a suction mount. I found that it simply didn't provide good footage due it picking up to much vibration. I also then looked at mounting under the head light but there simply inst enough clearance. You will end up smashing your fender. Fro best results try and attach to the frame somewhere. I picked up a mount off ebay that was perfect for what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no clue about the smallest cam Str8Psyko....and thats awesome Boonty,thnx guys for sharing...

I already decided against a suction mount for the same reasons after watching a video on youtube about how shaky and flimsy some suction mounts were..plus if it failed..you wouldn't realize it until after your camcorder was getting run over by the pickup truck behind you....

There is only maybe an 1/8" of available bar space on the handlebars..so no good there on a bar mount either

I decided that my Ram stem mount was the best option...the contourRoam has a wide 180 degree field of view so its best in the center unobstructed by anything on the sides of it..

in order to be able to keep using my TomTom I ordered this Ram Clutch/brake mount..i'll mount it on the clutch side and keep my gps pretty much where it is now...i got the 2 ball mount to give myself more options on getting it positioned close to where i want it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like it because I know it is close to what you are seeing, but isn't blocking too much of the view. One can clearly see that you need some gloves!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it because I know it is close to what you are seeing, but isn't blocking too much of the view. One can clearly see that you need some gloves!
lmao...yeah I agree..I was also wearing shorts and buster browns with no socks on too and it was sub 50 degrees that day...I just wanted to take a quick ride around the neighborhood to see how the camera recorded,so didn't bother with any gear but my helmet....

I hate that it does block almost half the view on the left side when mounted on the right side of helmet but no where near as bad as i thought it would...

next decent sunny 50 degree + day (hopefully this weekend) I will put on my gear and ride for a few hours...I will try the camera mounted on the ram stem mount..also added a swivel mount that came with the contour to the clear plastic map holder top of my tank bag..ill ride a few miles each and see which way I like the resulting video (and sound) better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts