Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as it says, where do you mount your GoPro? I have the motorsport one so I have about 20 different bases for it including the suction cup one. I really don't want to use one of the stick on mounts because I don't want it to be permanently there or mess up the paint if I try to take it off.

Please show pictures of where and how you have it mounted.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I really don't want to use one of the stick on mounts because I don't want it to be permanently there or mess up the paint if I try to take it off.

Please show pictures of where and how you have it mounted.
hate committing to a spot myself , hope this helps :cool:

here's some experimental angles ... just messing around :)

hope you are wrong about the paint ... or my front fender is :(

can't wait for some fresh vids of this bike :)

BTW-....i also looked at other vids online to see other mounting points ;):cool:
(thank me later):cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am slightly more inspired now. Another concern of mine (not that this has happened yet) is that my GoPro will come off and I will lose it. I usually tie it to something but I am also afraid that if it comes loose, it will swing around a beat up my bike. I should just stop being a baby and just do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a mount on the plastic bit right in front of the gas tank. This can give a good "windscreen" or insturment view, or turn back to lookup up at the rider. I've also used a bicycle mount to strap around one of the mirror arm stalks. Stayed put just fine. Otherwise, I've got some handlebar and brake cylinder RAM mounts and the 1 3/4" tripod adapter for the GoPro, so I can get various shots from the handlebar positions as well as normal tripods. I'm probably going to look into mirror/bolt RAM mount plates to put it in even stranger locations, along with poles. I prefer RAM mounts since I know they're 100% stable being bolted in, and I can also attach my other cameras to the mounts. Oh, the bicycle mount should also work OK on the passenger grips or on the pegs/rearsets, though I'd probably put on a safety line in that case. The suction cup mount can also work on the windscreen, though again, do a safety line.

They use some **** strong 3M adhesive so it probably won't come off on its own (mine has never come off). However, it's actually easy to remove the adhesive strips with long periods of heat (no hotter than a hair dryer) and slowly peeling it away from the surface. I've removed and remounted the strips several times on helmets with no residue or ill effects. Even if you do mess up the paint so bad you need a new part plastics on the CBR are dirt cheap. One of my smallest fairings on my Ducati costs more OEM than an entire plastics set on the CBR.

Normally, though, I do PoV shots from my actual PoV, not that top/side of the helmet stuff. On most helmets, you can stick a curved helmet mount on your lower left/right part of the helmet, close to your chin area. With a few arms you can get the camera basically right in front of your mouth/nose area. It won't block your view and -- properly adjusted -- to the viewer will look like they're seeing it through the rider's helmet. The only thing better is a camera IN the helmet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts