Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering where you guys normally get your oem replacement parts from? It would be nice if we could make a list here of all our "sources" so maybe we can all help each other out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know theres gonna a few people that might not agree with me but Ebay is actually a good place to get oem replacement parts. Just make sure to check their rating and any negative feedback. So far I've saved a good amount of money buying on Ebay and never had a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me personally I buy everything from the dealership. It cost a lot more but at least it wont affect any warranty I might still have. Plus you always know its 100% genuine oem parts.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think this is the only bike that the OEM parts are actually cheaper at the dealer then anywhere else you might find them.

I usually price things out from here Discount OEM Polaris Parts, Polaris ATV Parts, Yamaha ATV Parts and then I go into my local dealer and tell them that's what I want to pay haha. They always work with me though because they're great people.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well I will not be buying a black left rear cowl for $508, or an indicator for $148, from Honda Australia thats for sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought some parts from tygaUSA that are "Genuine Honda Parts" but they aren't exactly stock replacements.

Exp: Red or black aluminum brake reservoir cover with the CBR logo to replace the plain black one.

Check out the site to see what I mean!

www.tygaUSA.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Original Equipment Manufacturer=Honda or one of their OEM suppliers.

The dealer here does fine, even got a free gas tank latch on my 1971, last year, due to a recall dating to 1978. They had not done one in 30 years.

regards
Badger

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i am finding out that even with the dealers markup..its cheaper to buy from them compared to what these online stores charge you for the shipping if you buy direct.. ..guess the wholesale price the dealer pays offsets shipping charges added on

·
Registered
220 Posts
Honda sells their parts at ridiculously low prices in India (at the dealership).

Brake lever - Rs90, air filter - Rs200, rear view mirror - Rs 400.

I doubt most off the prices can be matched, as such, there is no need to look around UNLESS you need non standard stuff like HH pads. In such cases eBay is our friend esp if the seller has a 99%+ positive rating.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I will not be buying a black left rear cowl for $508, or an indicator for $148, from Honda Australia thats for sure.
ahahaha and they wonder why I buy my gear from overseas

What are they at tyga? $20

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
ahahaha and they wonder why I buy my gear from overseas

What are they at tyga? $20
He asked me 'Are you sitting down' then read the prices out...

I replied "Nar mate just a black one, not a gold plated one, and just ONE indicator"

·
Registered
879 Posts
I buy everything through the dealer. They give me 20% off everything and I can just call them on the phone and they will get my part coming without paying for it first. Been dealing with them for a long time. There great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts