Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im confused..i bought a rear wheel stand from harbor frieght today..im a little new to moto mantanaince..where are the spools supposed to attatch to? I need a little help here..:confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Im confused..i bought a rear wheel stand from harbor frieght today..im a little new to moto mantanaince..where are the spools supposed to attatch to? I need a little help here..:confused:
The swing arm on our bikes does not come pre-threaded for spools. In order to install spools you're going to need spool adapters. The easiest and cheapest solution is to get a stand for non-spooled bikes.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, looks like im gonna have to take it back. oh well live and learn..now i know.thanks llory.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of these alternative ideas.. i also found a conversion kit while scouring the internet..i may not have to return the harbor frieght stand after all..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Am I missing something?
RG cotton reels go on the axle, so the easiest way to install the 'cotton reels' is to buy a pitbull stand so you can put them on the axle, then you no longer need the 'cotton reels'.

also if you need to remove the rear wheel using the 'cotton reels', the 'cotton reels' become useless.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just received mine. I ordered from Biohazard on Sunday, they shipped Monday and I received them Wednesday. They were very easy to install and work very well. The bike is very stable on the rear-stand now. Great product.
Are you using the stoppers as a spool? In other words. . . are you liting the bike up by the Yoshimura stoppers, or by the swing arm? The description is a "race stand stopper" so I am a little confused????

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was here to late.. I got venom from Amazon with the spool. Can I use the stand without install the swingarm spool? I don't want send it back. Anyone! Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to gravedig but those yoshimura spool adaptors dont seem very strong as the weight of the bike seems to be supported by the chain tensioners? Unless theres a lot of meat/overlap going into the swingarms. Can anyone with the yoshi spool adaptors confirm?
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts