Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to start a running list of places people are getting OEM parts for the bike, sooner or later every ones going to need to buy something. Please only include sites that are for the 2011 CBR250 ONLY.

Ill start out with two sites I found with DRASTICALLY( on the order of 50%) different prices for different things.

1) Honda Motorcycle Parts Up To 40% Off, Honda ATV Parts, Honda Scooter Parts,Honda Accessories

2) Motorcycle Parts & Gear ? Dirt Bike/MX, ATV, Street Bike & Motorcycle Accessories | MotoSport

3) Discount OEM Polaris ATV Parts, OEM Parts, Honda ATV Parts

Comments on ordering parts strait from your dealership would help, list where and how much you paid. Good for comparison!

EDIT: Added a site

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would like to start a running list of places people are getting OEM parts for the bike, sooner or later every ones going to need to buy something. Please only include sites that are for the 2011 CBR250 ONLY.

Ill start out with two sites I found with DRASTICALLY( on the order of 50%) different prices for different things.

Honda Motorcycle Parts Up To 40% Off, Honda ATV Parts, Honda Scooter Parts,Honda Accessories
Motorsports.com » #1 Source for Motorsport Information

Comments on ordering parts strait from your dealership would help, list where and how much you paid. Good for comparison!

I generally order all OEM parts from my dealer.

It wasn't a mail-order house that helped me out when I needed a tire fixed ASAP because the bike was left sitting in a bad part of town and I needed to get it back on the road pronto, it was my dealer who asked their mechanic to do a priority job for me..

I believe in supporting my local dealer.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Local

It wasn't a mail-order house that helped me out when I needed a tire fixed ASAP because the bike was left sitting in a bad part of town and I needed to get it back on the road pronto, it was my dealer who asked their mechanic to do a priority job for me..

Agree. For little stuff like a turn signal or mirror I will go to my local dealer. It is a good plan to keep some "face time" with them so they will help you when you really need something.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I like that phlisophy, but when my dealer is charging me $400+ for something I can get for $200 online, I personally would save some $$. Also it depends on your area, here the dealerships are not so friendly. When I called 2 and a repair shop, not one of them was able to find parts. One promised to call Honda and then call me back...no call. The dealership I purchased my bike from is over an hour and half away(the local ones suck).

Do you have any prices on items you bought in comparison to online sites?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Checked out the site, did not see any mention of the CBR250R. Have you purchaced something from them before?
Yes!

They are a large Powerhouse dealer that has the online parts business as part of their dealership model. I suspect that they can get you CBR250 parts if the parts are available in the states but I don't work there and can't say for sure.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like that phlisophy, but when my dealer is charging me $400+ for something I can get for $200 online, I personally would save some $$. Also it depends on your area, here the dealerships are not so friendly. When I called 2 and a repair shop, not one of them was able to find parts. One promised to call Honda and then call me back...no call. The dealership I purchased my bike from is over an hour and half away(the local ones suck).

Do you have any prices on items you bought in comparison to online sites?
The reciprocal relationship is a good point. I'm fortunate in that I spend at my local dealer and they truly support me. They call back when they say they'll call back (even when the callback does not mean a sale for them). If my dealer sucked, then I also would not have them suck me of my $$$ :)
The Hondas I've gotten from them have required so little in parts so far that when a more costly part is needed, I don't mind paying the little extra to get it from them.. In the last 15 years or so I've only had to get one 'major' part, a new alternator rotor for my CBR1100XX.

The other Honda bikes excluding consumables:
CB750 Nighthawk 40,000 miles no parts
VT1100 Shadow 60,000 miles no parts
VTX1300 Fury 6,000 miles no parts

oil, filters, tires and plugs I usually get from them. They are a little more than on-line prices but the more expensive things (tires) don't get replaced that often.. I did do the on-line tire then pay them to install it which saved a little but I decide to give them the business for the tire after that because it wasn't a huge savings...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts