Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Hey there, another cbr250 owner from Vancouver checking in. Picked up my red cbr250 last week, and have been on almost everyday so far, cept a day of heavy rain that i didnt feel like riding in! Great bike, very smooth and predictable. I'm a small guy, so a 250 class bike will do me just fine for quite a few years. Love everything about this bike so far. Almost bought a 125, but figured i would get a little more out of the 250 in the long run. Welcome fellow Canadians!

· Registered
119 Posts
actually, i thought the 2011 cbr125 was almost exactly the same size as the 250, when i saw them side by side at the dealer! But the 07,08,09 cbr125's are tiny in comparision. Not a bad bike by any means, but definitely smaller looking with the thinner tires and just smaller overall. I was very torn in the end between the cbr250 and a late model ninja 250, but for the same price, i kinda liked the idea of fuel injection, since i can ride 12 months a year in my neck of the woods. I think the FI will be nice on those rare days when it gets down to single digits in the winter, ha ha!

· Registered
119 Posts
yeah, to me top end speed is really a non issue, there aren't alot of freeways in BC that are over 100km/h, and most in the lower mainland are 80-90km/h. I'm really not sure where people who complain about not being able to go 160-170km/h are coming from....i've never been that fast in my 250hp car let alone a two wheeler! Granted, i may be in the small minority of people who actually travel at the posted speed limit.....

· Registered
119 Posts
good for you for taking it slow. Take the course, learn all your slow speed stuff, this is the bread and butter as far as i'm concerned. Once you learn to maneuver at 20km/h and under, everything above that comes very easily and naturally. Just be aware of whats around you always, and think ahead, even more than you would normally in an car! Learn the basics, it makes a world of difference! But don't be afraid to get out there after that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.