Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 160 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Pretty good just following the maintenance best I can. My brake pads are about half way worn but i'll probably replace them soon (I don't chance my brakes) When the valves were checked at 16,000 they were in spec but the mechanic did say they might need adjustment at 32,000.
I had to replace the oil filter gasket and the edit*rubber valve cover gasket (after my road trip) was leaking a tiny bit but some sealant solved that issue. Keep in my mind I've put my bike through the ringer with a good mix of interstate, dirt, and mountain road riding.
The spark plug also looked really good at 16k.
My spark plug needed replacing at 16k km.

I replaced the front brake pads at 18k km and rear at 24k km.
And added Pirelli Sport Demon tyres at 18k km.

The difference with the change of pads was amazing, night and day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My spark plug needed replacing at 16k km.

I replaced the front brake pads at 18k km and rear at 24k km.
And added Pirelli Sport Demon tyres at 18k km.

The difference with the change of pads was amazing, night and day.
I am at 7500km and the tyres look bad. So i think to change to sport deamon. so maybe you can give me some review on them?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Well, I changed mine at 18,000km, along with the front brake pad.

The difference was night and day. It stuck to the road like glue, it could go through corners 20% faster and could stop on a dime.

I've 28,000km now and they're still all good. Will change the rear at the 30,000km service and the front at the 36,000km service, unless the rainy season comes early here.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am at 7500km and the tyres look bad. So i think to change to sport deamon. so maybe you can give me some review on them?

The sport demons are for a bigger, heavier, faster bike. Check out mt-75 for superior grip and traction.

The high mile riders are very encouraging. 8500 here.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did 7500km by 2 and half month riding so i think i will get higher miles very fast.

In israel i can get sport deamon or pilot active or some cheap IRC like tyres so i will go for sport deamons

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've probably posted in here before but 17891km as of today. Had the bike since Nov 11, 2011. Definitely one of those "more than a 1000kms a month" guys :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 2,700 miles currently and loving it. I'm doing about 1,000 miles a month commuting to work - yes all winter too excluding the super windy or icy days. I should have 6k - 7k miles by the time "normal" riding weather comes back lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
10,000 kms in 6 months and counting....

·
Registered
394 Posts
wtf lol? do you ride like 1km per day :p

i've got close to 10,000km in just 6 months :D
Dude and you live just around the corner from my work lol ... actually now that I think about it, I bet you're one of the many bikers I've seen come to my work lol

I'm one of the cool managers at Oporto on Glynburn Rd that has a bike lol, mine's the zebra one that's either parked outside the gate next to the Drive Thru or across the road at the Firle carpark. The blue/white/red cbr 250rr you may see there is the other cool manager that has a bike, I kinda talked him into getting one :)

I need to start riding more :(

41 - 60 of 160 Posts