Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
3050 miles, exactly having 3 months with my bike!

Dunno why the people is so impressed with 20k+ miles?

With the proper maintenance, isn't the bike supposed to last forever?

·
Registered
3 Posts
16000 miles on my 2011 and she is 3 months away from her 2nd birthday! Running well, except I think it's time for another chain replacement.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
I've had the bike for 10 months and just managed to break 20,000 miles this week.
I'm impressed... that's a lot of time in the saddle. (that 20,000 isn't a typo, is it?)

I bought mine 1 year ago, this week... I've only managed to clock 7400 miles on it in the past year, but I have other Honda motorcycles that I ride too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm impressed... that's a lot of time in the saddle. (that 20,000 isn't a typo, is it?)

I bought mine 1 year ago, this week... I've only managed to clock 7400 miles on it, but I have other Honda motorcycles that I ride too.
Based on an average of 30 days per month, that 66.6 miles per day. Not crazy numbers as people are commuting farther for work these days...although I assume you are not working 30 days per month.
Let's subtract 4 weekends per month (8 days), leaving us with ~22 working days per month. That would be 90.9 miles per day (45 each way). Definitely plausible...

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Based on an average of 30 days per month, that 66.6 miles per day. Not crazy numbers as people are commuting farther for work these days...although I assume you are not working 30 days per month.
Let's subtract 4 weekends per month (8 days), leaving us with ~22 working days per month. That would be 90.9 miles per day (45 each way). Definitely plausible...
I hadn't thought of it that way... good point.

·
Registered
49 Posts

You have the figures pretty close, I use the bike for commuting to work (little under 50 miles each way, some weeks 4 days and some weeks 5 days depending on how long the days are), and for fun :). Even living where the temps get down close to 0 degrees the bike gets used unless there is snow or ice on the roads (only lost about 2 weeks of riding this winter). I'd hate to think what I'd be spending on gas if I didn't have the bike.

·
Registered
271 Posts
@ Gungnir, Did you brave the RAIN this morning.
For me no just decided to get in my car and Listen to some music.

For my mileage I only have 700 Km on the clock (bought it last month the 12th) Hating the RAIN at the moment.

If I had to bring my bike every single day to work for a month its also 35 KM to work so that's about 1400+- Km a month. Wish it was Summer here but only now becoming Winter. AI

·
Registered
263 Posts
@ Gungnir, Did you brave the RAIN this morning.
For me no just decided to get in my car and Listen to some music.

For my mileage I only have 700 Km on the clock (bought it last month the 12th) Hating the RAIN at the moment.

If I had to bring my bike every single day to work for a month its also 35 KM to work so that's about 1400+- Km a month. Wish it was Summer here but only now becoming Winter. AI

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Yup, my ceebee's black. So it's fast enough to dodge rain drops. But on a serious note, there was a bit of a drizzle, but nothing I couldnt handle. I took the bike this morning, something went wrong with my fu..car yesterday. It's losing power and dying when I step on the cluch to change gear (you've gotta love fu..yFrench cars)... So, it's not safe until I get it fixed!

·
Registered
617 Posts
CBR250,
Wow, 70 miles every day average, that's 25.5K per year!
Questions:
Do you rev to red line every shift
What oil do you use
How often do you change oil
Is there any significant oil consumption
What is your gas mileage
Do you use regular gas

Thanks

IR

·
Registered
24 Posts
CBR250,
Wow, 70 miles every day average, that's 25.5K per year!
Questions:
Do you rev to red line every shift
What oil do you use
How often do you change oil
Is there any significant oil consumption
What is your gas mileage
Do you use regular gas

Thanks

IR
I actually average about 85 miles a day now. Around town, I usually shift around 6.5k. For oil, I use a Full Synthetic 10w-30 Pro Honda. Oil consumption is pretty stable. And for gas/mileage, 91 or whatever is the highest grade in So Cal. My MPG...dude I don't even know. I'm heavy on the throttle most of the time. Best estimate I can give you is, 85 miles cost me about $4-$5. And 5 of those miles are canyon carving (mostly incline).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
+40,000 kms on the bike so far. Have owned it for 2 years now and except for the recurring coneset and lifter assembly issue (the issues have reduced now since it seems Honda has upgraded the parts in the quality department), the bike is perfectly fine otherwise :) Done quite a few tours on it already and the bike hasn't disappointed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just checked this thread and the mileage is amazing!
I just hit a puny 8,000 miles today after about a year.
Started slow as a Newb, local errands, then weekends, then a day commuting,then every day commuting to the car gathering dust in garage.:D. Love this bike!

Can't wait to break 10,000 which at my current path should be in a month or two. :rolleyes:

Attachments

81 - 100 of 160 Posts