Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This shocking pothole is the latest to be exposed in MCN’s search for Britain’s worst.

It measures five feet by two and is over sixe inches deep. Located on a well-used 60mph road, it could prove deadly to an unsuspecting motorcyclist.

MCN reader Alex Witham, 20, was thrown out of the seat of his Suzuki SV650 after hitting the hole at just 20mph on February 27.

The insurance manager from Norwich said: “I’d just come around a bend when I saw it. There was a truck on the opposite side of the road so I didn’t have anywhere to go except through it.

“It bent the front wheel and forks and threw me out of the seat. I landed on the tank but somehow managed to stay on the bike.”

If the pot hole son britan are this big, how big could they possibly be where ever you are? I know in Canada pot holes get HUGE! and retardly deep during winter time, esp with the snow plows ripping apart the road.

Can you find a bigger pothole than this? - | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN

·
Registered
131 Posts
that is just ridiculous.

How does that city/town let stuff like that slide. Luck for me and people who live where i do, we can report pot holes like that and the city will patch it up within 24-48 hours. It's no pretty job when done, but it's better than a pothole, actually it turns into a small speed bump loll

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man when i found this article i was like whattt!

No way how can a city allow such Massive potholes to just be laying around..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Umm...that is pretty massive.
hmm, look at this pic and you might want to rethink that response lolll

just be happy that it wasn't a hole as big as this one!!!..............

no popping tires or wrecking your suspension on this hole! say bye bye to your car haha

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow japan is just extremely swift at doing their work.

That what happens when their people are proud of what they do and don't complain all day long about benefits and slack off 24/7!

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's also an effect of NOT granting the job to the lowest bidder I would bet. And it takes time to take the bids, go through the bids..see which bidder is willing to grease some palms.. The reality is these things just take time.

I do have a question about riding and potholes. My buddy was telling me that the best thing to do if you aren't going to be able to go around the pothole is to pull in the clutch and twist the throttle so the front wheel leaves the ground and only the back tire hits the pothole.
What do you guys think of this advise? Also, how realistic is this on a 250? He rides a liter bike so I know he has the power/acceleration available to pull this maneuver, I presume the CBR may be able to up to about 50mph, but not at highway speeds.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i remember now.. construction contracts are done by bidding.. completely forgot about that...

Well at a highway rolling speed i dont think the CBR 250 could pop the clutch and pop a wheelie.. in that sense... but at a slow speed i would think so since CBR280 has most of its power during the mid range...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts