Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bike back from the second mandatory/free service. I'm good friends with the mechanic who works on the 250R bikes here. He mentioned a few free upgrades/changes to the bike:

The rear pieces which are used to hold on if you're the pillion have been replaced.
Many of the allen bolts have been replaced.
On the rearview mirrors near the mounting screws, 2 plastic caps/covers have been put, one on either side.

If you're giving your bike for the mandatory services, ask the service advisor for these goodies.

I'll upload some pics later tonight. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Indian bike?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Indian.

And free upgrades. The mechanic told me he changed these things when I was there to collect the bike. They had some issue when they lost one of my bike keys. So I ended up getting a brand new lock set (fuel filler cap, rear seat lock and the ignition lock).

On checking the bike, they have indeed changed various allen bolts and added the small covers on the mirror mounts. I cannot really ascertain if those pillion handles have been changed or not. Needs a better look.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why would they change all the locks for a lost key??? They are a Honda dealer, they can order a pre cut key made specifically for that bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because I insisted on it.

I didn't want my bike getting stolen because they have access to my home address. It was their fault and they replaced all the locks for free. I have to add here that my ignition lock barrel had always given me problems, with the key not going in cleanly about 50% of the time. I had complained about it during the first and this second service. They would've probably replaced it for me under warranty if I'd have made enough noise about it anyways.

And just a correction. The cap on the mirror mount is made of rubber, not plastic as I had stated above. I just checked it myself.

In this pic, the cover would be where the middle allen bolt lies which mounts the mirror arm to the mirror mount itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts