Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned 2000 miles yesterday and it took just over two months. What kind of milage have you done and how long did it take?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am at about ~1.5K miles now: all miles made in mountain twisties around San Jose, CA - i don't ride it to work, only for fun. Got my bike on 05/26

·
Registered
400 Posts
i got my bike may 8th,i have reached the 2,000+ mark.

my bike gone for 2 weeks in the exhaust shop,and a week in this other shop for frame slider,and other fabrications.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i should be about at 2k by now, i haven't checked in a while though but i've been commuting about 50 miles each way a couple times a week

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wish the weather here would clear up. It's hard to get any riding time with the daily rain here. I'm not even passed the break-in yet. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Since May 3rd I've racked up 1,729 miles. Two weeks of non-bike vacation time and a lot of rain in Minnesota have cut into riding time.

If the morning is dry I take it to work. A 60% gas savings over my car on the 60 mile commute. :) I've had to throw on the raingear for a couple of rides home and just don't want to deal with that in the mornings. One bad seal and you're walking around work with apparent bladder control problems. :eek: I'm not willing to take that risk. :D

Any additional riding has been around town running errands. 20 mile or less jaunts. Once fall comes around I plan to do some weekend rides.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just got back from a 30 mile ride. I commute with it at least 3 or 4 times a week but I live only 3.8 miles from work so it's hard to rack up many miles. I'm still under 200 miles. :(

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just got back from a 30 mile ride. I commute with it at least 3 or 4 times a week but I live only 3.8 miles from work so it's hard to rack up many miles. I'm still under 200 miles. :(
Doesn't matter, lots of people barley get 1500 miles a year. But, you might like to try- taking the long way home, making some trips to the store, go to the Dairy Queen in the next town over, see a park you have never been too, go cruising for chicks downtown, go to the camera store, find a bridge and take a picture of your bike, go look at old churches and graveyards, enjoy riding in the rain, make up a lot of silly stuff you have to do on your bike.

People, who are putting on a lot of miles, already have a lot of riding experience. You need to build up your tolerance and stamina little by little, ride a little longer each time, go a little further. Enjoy your freedom to do new things!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts