Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My psi in front is 29, rear 39, nothing wrong with the tread....so what could it be that make it feel like im going to slip out when turning? (I serioiusly caught it this last ride)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Probably too much pressure in the rear tyre. There's no way I'd be running 39 in the rear, try dropping it down around 32 or even a bit less and see how it goes. Are they the original tyres or new ones?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
As bods suggested - rear pressure is too high. Check the recommended pressure, but i don't think either are correct.

As also suggested - check your tires. What year is your CBR? Do you know if the tires have been replaced?

Tires lose traction from age, not just miles. Tread depth doesn't matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As bods suggested - rear pressure is too high. Check the recommended pressure, but i don't think either are correct.

As also suggested - check your tires. What year is your CBR? Do you know if the tires have been replaced?

Tires lose traction from age, not just miles. Tread depth doesn't matter.
Sorry mistype i have 30 psi in rear and its a 2011 with original tites but less than 3000 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If they're the factory tyres still on it they will be as hard as anything by now. I would look at getting them changed as soon as possible. Most tyres are recommended to be replaced by about 7 years old regardless of how worn they are as the rubber hardens and breaks down with age, especially when they've been outside in the weather...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sorry mistype i have 30 psi in rear and its a 2011 with original tires but less than 3000 miles.
There's your problem.

It's time to replace them - no question. The mileage doesn't matter.

They are unsafe at this point, and as noted, weren't that great when new.

I've junked new OEM tires with less than 500 mi on them because they were not good enough. Tires are one of the most important items for safety on the road. I've been riding for over 40 years on the dirt, street, and track, and probably wouldn't ride around the block on your tires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My psi in front is 29, rear 39, nothing wrong with the tread....so what could it be that make it feel like im going to slip out when turning? (I serioiusly caught it this last ride)
Back tire pressure should be 33 without pillion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts