Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first car was a Honda, and i loved it. Never had any problems what so ever and this is what Honda is known for, reliability. After that first car, i went on to owning a few more cars and then onto a couple bikes.
Not only have i found Honda's to be reliable but most of them look amazing (yes some are ugly :D).

Why have you guys chosen Honda?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Honda is good but it's defiantly not my only choice in bikes. BMW & Kawasaki are 2 more of my favorite sport bike brands. Actually i have no problem with any brand of motorcycles, as long as they are comfortable to ride, look good, has power, and not loud to the point its annoying.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have owned more Hondas than all other brands combined, for no reason other than that they were the kind of vehicle I wanted at the time, at a price I was prepared to pay. They have all been second-hand.

It has been a bonus to discover that, properly maintained, they are durable, and reliable. I have had a good run out of all the Hondas I have owned. Because of that, if I had to choose between two brands, Honda would get the nod.

Look back over the years; Honda has been quite innovative. The iconic Honda Cub started it all, and there have been several ground-breaking products since. Sure they have lost the plot at times, but that goes with the territory.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That what generally stands behind the Honda name. being durable and reliable.

Good to know that Honda also carries that, backing to them even with their Bikes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That what generally stands behind the Honda name. being durable and reliable.

Good to know that Honda also carries that, backing to them even with their Bikes.
Yup!

It's mainly why people buy Honda cause they feel "comfortable" when buying Honda, right?

I too myself feel iffy about buying other brands. Sometimes it's better to stay with what you know is good rather then taking a chance and end up getting screwed. The availability of parts, help, etc is beyond what anyone else in the industry can go against.

Honda will always live

·
Registered
115 Posts
Style, Price & Timing

I was brought up on Race Tracks starting at the wee age of 2 weeks (spectator) at Brands Hatch in England. From there I traveled the world with my Dad racing from Club Racing to the GP Circuit. He raced all Brands of bikes of the years so I've never been tied to a brand. Though at one point he owned a Yamaha Store in Canada which made me partial. Anyway. I went with Honda because I wanted a small bike. Cheap to insure. Affordable to purchase and most important to me is I wanted it right now. Now if I end up having a great experience owning and riding this bike I'm sure that will come in to play when I purchase my next bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow your dad must of have quiet the experience with riding a bunch of difference bikes.

Even though I'm sure you saw many many bikes when you were a kid I'm sure one brand caught your eye, just like how lambo's catch the eye of every young kid!

·
Registered
115 Posts
It always came down to paint scheme when i was a kid. The one bike and person who was my idol was the Yamaha with Kenny Roberts. I actually sat down with him 3 years ago at the MotoGP in Indy. Funny thing was while I was sitting watching practice in the rain on the TV inside one of the offices Kenny was talking about how could they come up with a series where you could run a GP team for only a million dollars. I believe I was listening to the birth of MOTO2.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Honda Engineering

Honda must have the best mechanical engineers in the business because Honda's design engineering is second to none. One can rely on a Honda for that reason alone. Honda has been doing that for a long time. I know the CBR250R is an advanced design that the other guys will be chasing to catch up. We can have the technology now (well, not yet but very soon) when we get ours. I had to have one & bit the donut (it wasn't as hard as a bullet) & ordered the ABS version. :D I still am working on my better half to "let" me. :p By June when it is actually available I intend to have a compliant other half & the $$$ saved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda cars are one of the most relevant.In 2010, 3 cars of Honda were in top 5 cars due to its average given.Honda give the best average so it is the best.And Honda bikes are also of the best style and its service also best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first car was a Honda, and i loved it. Never had any problems what so ever and this is what Honda is known for, reliability. After that first car, i went on to owning a few more cars and then onto a couple bikes.
Not only have i found Honda's to be reliable but most of them look amazing (yes some are ugly :D).

Why have you guys chosen Honda?

I have really not know any other brand other then Honda. My first car at 16 was a 1990 Civic DX Hatchback then move to 2003 Civic Si and finally to 2008 S2000 CR. Honda is the only brand I know so I hope that Honda can attract younger generation into becoming life long Honda customer.

This is my first bike and hopeful I will own many more Honda bike down the road.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Holy zombie thread risen from the dead. Why Honda? Cause they didnt bomb Pearl Harbor. Stupid Mitsubishi Zeroes.

·
281 Posts
Honda must have the best mechanical engineers in the business because Honda's design engineering is second to none. One can rely on a Honda for that reason alone. Honda has been doing that for a long time. I know the CBR250R is an advanced design that the other guys will be chasing to catch up. We can have the technology now (well, not yet but very soon) when we get ours. I had to have one & bit the donut (it wasn't as hard as a bullet) & ordered the ABS version. :D I still am working on my better half to "let" me. :p By June when it is actually available I intend to have a compliant other half & the $$$ saved.
Hope it all works out for you Kutter. I too am still waiting on ABS....but now I think it has to be a 2012 or wait till next spring...........

·
Registered
706 Posts
Holy zombie thread risen from the dead.
This is nothing... On the Audi forum people come in with their first post bringing back a thread from 2004. It's ridiculous

1 - 20 of 32 Posts