Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been completely spending all my time on here , my fiance is constantly telling me to get off my phone and pay attention to her. Now recently I was a gearless rider . I wore a T-shirt , sometimes no helmit because its not required . I made excuses like " its 110 degrees I'll over heat " . In the past few weeks I have seen 8 motorcycle accidents . Two Harley's and 6 sport bikes. I've seen a lot of dangerous riders awaiting an accident . I'm not one to put down somebodies rding style. You ride like you and I'll ride like me .

2 of those riders were not at fault , neither wearing a helmit. Both were killed.

3 of those riders were wearing a helmit and t shirt with shorts. Both were in serious condition , couldn't pinpoint exact injuries.

3 riders were wearing gloves , helmit , jacket and jeans . Those riders survived with a few broken bones or less.

I have seen enough to go and spend money I don't have on gear I thought I didn't need.

This was my solution for Arizona riding . I achieved it in under 200$

Cheap backpack 20$
Camelback bladder 2L 10$ use the laptop pouch for your camelback , cut a hole for hose at bottom of backpack for mouth piece . camelbak holds 2l of cold water and keeps it cold for a while.

Bilt jacket (Mesh with padding). 59.99

Bilt Armored glove (non gauntlet) 19.99

Denim riding jeans ( with knee pad , white to reflect heat) 49.99

I already had a helmit but Dot approved Bilt helmits run 89.99 at cycle gear.

I stay pretty cool , hydrated and most importantly much safer . 200$ is cheaper than a medical expense . It can also save your life. Riding shoes/boots are also recommended .

I just wanted to put that out there .

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Same as above. Better than nothing. Course, that A* airbag jacket cld be of benefit ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great start. Improve it as you can. Riding boots are a must, work boots don't have the right ankle protection. Good friend had a fortune in Dainese gear but had regular steel toes on when an oncoming motorhome ran him off a mountain road on his R6. Several surgeries and months of rehab to put the foot back together.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding boots will be the next purchase , when cooler weather comes around I will be wearing a kevlar jacket .

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
if theres one thing to wear regardless
it must be a well fitted full face helmet..

think of landing face or head first on the road
at speed, or directly into the car itself
[my recent crash] and taking that impact
directly into your face...

or, having the impact forces expanded thru
your full face helmet, away from your
face, and brain...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts