Registered
4,996 Posts
First track day 2011,
Inside Helmet thoughts;
"I'm flying"

Last track day 2015
Inside Helmet thoughts;
"C'mon you slow POS!"-

Only thing that has changed is the learning, (apart from going eleventy billion times faster)
and the chance to have practice it over and over and over :)
I now look through the next corner and thinking about the one after.

Anyone can do it, everyone should :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Wonderful pics Aufitt.
@sendler, keep us posted on your track days. I'm envious as I wish our area offered such lessons. Hope the weather holds up for tenting. Do you have an air mattress to keep you comfy? Yikes....my back lol

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
air mattress
My backpacking matress rolls up to the size of a football and inflates to a luxurious 1 inch thick. But I usually sleep pretty good in the tent. Even if the younger crowd is up all night doing burn outs in front of the dj's tent. Not at the track but at the festivals. Doesn't work out so well for the vintage bikes with tube type tires.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
And ur not joining the younger crowd Sendler? After a lovely night snooze in that 1inch comfy bag you shd feel refreshed for some hooliganism;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Will you be camping?
I will pack the bike to camp on Thursday. Work Friday and see how it goes. Ideally I leave work early Friday and make it there by 8:30 to make camp before dark. Or I may just sleep at home Friday depending on the weather and leave at 6:00 AM Sat. Still bringing the gear in case I want to stay over and ride again Sunday.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Hey Aufitt, are you eventually going to move up to the 600 class? Or stay with the 300...(Currently I'm in the 21 speed mountain bike class tee hee)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Wonderful pics Aufitt.
I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in 2011, but it was my first time and all I remember was if felt good!

On that note.. I stay in a cheap $50 Hotel as too cold in Collie for camping in winter if ya ever... well want to do a track day. :x

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hey Aufitt, are you eventually going to move up to the 600 class? Or stay with the 300...(Currently I'm in the 21 speed mountain bike class tee hee)
They regraded me up to C grade last year, so Club 600 is pretty much unviable for the long term , and i'd have to straight into the cut throat world of Supersport.
That is daunting,

I'd rather get a cbr1000 to train on, and keep racing the small bikes.

If this makes sense,;
there is much you can learn by riding a bike at the other end of the spectrum, ie a 1000 teaches a rider the track at a whole faster pace, braking from 240kph to 80 is a whole new ballgame from braking 180kph to 80, Its hard work turning the monsters even though they are only 25kg heavier.

Mates who go the other way ride my 250's and come in smiling and say 'Man that was hard work making this go'

600's have the best of both worlds, have to milk them but the pace is same as a 1000 for anyone less than a B grader.
But 600's bite hard when it goes wrong like 125GP does.
250's are almost uncrashable, 1000's are too daunting to ride like a muppet so you barely tickle the throttle.

Most fun Ive had was racing the cbr150 in 2013, but that was short lived..
something to do with personality differences between rider and team owner haha (who'd a guessed that could happen! haha >:) )

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in 2011, but it was my first time and all I remember was if felt good!

On that note.. I stay in a cheap $50 Hotel as too cold in Collie for camping in winter if ya ever... well want to do a track day. :x
Ya never know Aufitt, after all, you're fixing up my bike for me :wink2:
Don't mind a $50.00 hotel, as long as I'm not cold. :grin2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had my second track day on Wednesday at Sydney Motorsport Park, it's a great day to have with a couple of mates.
This time I was on the smallest bike in the group but the CBR shows it strengths through the corners. It just sucks to be overtaken every lap on the main straight.
Last time out there was a Diavel that I would pass by the second corner, but having 6 times the power of the CBR, he could just roll on down the straight and leave me behind.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I feel I need to copy Aufitt on the before and after pics.
Good job! What were you thinking during your before and after pics?? :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good job! What were you thinking during your before and after pics?? :)
Thanks. Pretty similar to Aufitt - "Holy crap, I didn't know I could do this on a bike, weeeee..." and then "Where is my next target to pass?"

Its impressive how fast the transition goes from ecstatic disbelief to adrenalin saturated aggression. But the fun quotient just keeps going up.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts