Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike because it was so light and easy for her to handle. Now its to slow and you have to shift all the time. First gear is useless she says. HA HA I told her to ride the 600 then if she wants to. Or theres the FJR to if she wants to ride that but thats to heavy. CANT WIN.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My wife has a Honda cosmopltian scooter, had to go to Honda today to buy her the Honda 250 rebel, just so we can go out riding together. Hope she dont want something bigger after this.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Isn't shifting what's fun? get her to ride the 600, only 50lbs heavier. If it's too heavy then she's not ready for much else:eek:

(weight and shifting are wee issues. 600.....no comparison to 250)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Put her on the track if she thinks she's better than the bike.
That goes for anyone (not aimed at ya missus there)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^agree with ya Auffitt. "little does she know":confused:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My wife has a Honda cosmopltian scooter, had to go to Honda today to buy her the Honda 250 rebel, just so we can go out riding together. Hope she dont want something bigger after this.
My ex wanted a car to ride around in, so I suggested she find a boyfriend who could provide what she wanted. She found a guy who had a car and probably promised her the moon and the stars...... all I could ever promise was to help her achieve what she wanted.

She sold the motorcycle that I financed (read, "Bought for her"; no thought to ever paying me back, or sharing any costs) to help pay off his car. A few months later she started to get in touch again. I reminded her that I had always said that if she hooked up with someone else, it would be a one way trip.

Be careful what you wish for; you may get what you want, but it may not be what you expect

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Hey Mikey, you sound cynical lately. ;) Smile:D Be happy, buy a cbr250. Juuussstt kidding. You're wiser now, keep that chickey kicked to the curb!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I dont find the bike slow at all in city, the low weight and low center of gravity hides a lot of the HP deficit. I'm still having a blast on this bike.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Shifting is fun.....also I don't think first gear is too low for this bike at all. First gear is for getting the bike moving, it does that, well enough.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shifting is fun.....also I don't think first gear is too low for this bike at all. First gear is for getting the bike moving, it does that, well enough.
I agree, Im not selling it because I like riding it. Told her to just ride the 600 and leave it alone. Wife had her own Honda CBR 600rr . She likes performance bikes and this one is not for her. Bet she still sneaks it out for a ride now and then ha ha

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Yes it is, and she never bitches about me buying new ones. Im pretty lucky there.
Don't mean to be picky, but I thought you bought the 250 for her because the 600rr scared her? Just asking. Perhaps riding the 250 increased her confidence, which is good. :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't mean to be picky, but I thought you bought the 250 for her because the 600rr scared her? Just asking. Perhaps riding the 250 increased her confidence, which is good. :D
True, maybe she needs something like a 400. One is to slow one is to fast. cant seem to find the right bike for her. Gives me a reason to buy another one right?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
True, maybe she needs something like a 400. One is to slow one is to fast. cant seem to find the right bike for her. Gives me a reason to buy another one right?
You betcha. Large stable of bikes is a good thing. Different bikes, different rides. Not a good thing to ride a bike that is overwhelming and intimidating:eek:. Hope you find the perfect ride for her. Perhaps she's not sure of what she wants at this time so shopping around should be a fun for several excursions:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts