Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas! I’m new here, got a cbr250r about half a year ago.

I found an exhaust that I may get for a good price. It was on a scrapped Kawasaki Z750 and seems to be a LeoVince SBK.

Would this by any chance fit on a cbr250r from 2011? Pictures attached. Sorry about the angle, it was hard to get a good picture of it.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
560 Posts
Hey fellas! I’m new here, got a cbr250r about half a year ago.

I found an exhaust that I may get for a good price. It was on a scrapped Kawasaki Z750 and seems to be a LeoVince SBK.

Would this by any chance fit on a cbr250r from 2011? Pictures attached. Sorry about the angle, it was hard to get a good picture of it. View attachment 45232
View attachment 45233
Hi
Nice muffler(y)
Take a ruler and measure. Adjustments can always be made, but adjustments are a separate project, and welding is a separate art, and also depends on the type of material, and whether there is a sticker or plastic parts that the welding can damage. Not something that can not be overcome, provided you treat it as a project.

P.S. The pictures are very good, just what are the dimensions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Unfortunately, I am not a welder. I would love to get into welding later in life, as it seems to open a lot of doors. I can go back today to measure it. I assume you're talking about the dimensions of the muffler where it slips on to the rest of the exhaust (as I do believe it's a slip on?), Tamir. Do I need to remove it to take a proper measure or may I measure the outside diameter?

Do you know the dimensions of the stock muffler?

My final question, might there be any complications for the engine if I fit on a muffler that's not actually made for the bike?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you know the dimensions of the stock muffler?
These are the dimensions I take from NEW MUFFLER GASKET 18392-KYJ-901
("where it slips on to the rest of the exhaust "):

I.D. 38mm
O.D. 44mm

Food Font Plastic Plastic wrap Transparency

And there are these measurements, which are inaccurate but good for a general Reference:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Crankset Bicycle frame
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Tire

Do I need to remove it to take a proper measure or may I measure the outside diameter?
Make sure the exhaust is cold:eek::mad:!!! And if the bolts are not rusty and everything comes off easily, then YES, the best test is to physically "measure" the other muffler into your motorcycle, install it and see:
Go? Not Go?

My final question, might there be any complications for the engine if I fit on a muffler that's not actually made for the bike?
Yes. Such changes, especially if they cause an increase in power, create a change of the kind that reduces the life of the engine, in favor of improved performance. The O.E.M ECM is programmed to support the original set of the manufacturer, and professionals go to a dyno expert to calibrate the ECM to the new exhaust to optimize performance.

Reactions: TobyBryant

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your measurements and your help, Tamir!

I went back there today with a measuring tape to see what I could make of it. Unfortunately, but probably as expected, it was way too large for the CBR250R.

·
Registered
560 Posts
also measure location of hanger bracket.
Yes(y), But The measure you are talking about is smaller than the measurement accuracy range I did, so I did not record it. I noted that apart from the dimensions of the diameters, the other dimensions are for proportions only. If I understood correctly, at the moment it is irrelevant because our guy does not want to start making a project out of it, he wants a Plug and Play muffler and here is not that case.

P.S.
For those who are interested in the project, the bracket is fixed to the SBK muffler on the 2-pponits, so it can be replaced and adjusted quite easily.
2. And diameter adapters can be purchased and do not have to be D.I.Y custom made:
(Link to Revzzila)
Font Cylinder Gas Nickel Auto part

3. And there are also not bad Chinese imitations/forgery, which give good value for money. Is the current Muffler original or forgery?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts