Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing a new puig windscreen and the t-rex racing frame sliders. The windscreen was a pain, but i got it put on with no extra parts, the diy thread helped a bunch but I did it differently. The sliders were a breeze to install. I also put on the axle spools that came with my sliders also super easy to put on!

Came out well, can't wait to ride, but have to wait til it stops raining.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got around to installing a new puig windscreen and the t-rex racing frame sliders. The windscreen was a pain, but i got it put on with no extra parts, the diy thread helped a bunch but I did it differently. The sliders were a breeze to install. I also put on the axle spools that came with my sliders also super easy to put on!

Came out well, can't wait to ride, but have to wait til it stops raining.

Are you happy with the new Windscreen, the stock is about 1-2 inches too short for my liking (or too long depending on how you look at it). The stock windscreen creates a horrible tearing noise right at my helmet height when riding.

Is it much bigger?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice... I like the frame sliders. Sato and others just have the one slider on each side... looks like T-Rex has dual, upper and lower sliders on each side. (I just ordered their swingarm spools as well).

How difficult is it to remove the entire fairing to get the sliders on? (time?)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you purchase the frame sliders?
Bought them from T-Rex racing

Are you happy with the new Windscreen, the stock is about 1-2 inches too short for my liking (or too long depending on how you look at it). The stock windscreen creates a horrible tearing noise right at my helmet height when riding.

Is it much bigger?
Finally rode the bike this morning, so far the windscreen does a good job of keeping the wind off of me. I feel like it is a lot better so far by just riding, haven't gone past any big trucks yet.

Very nice... I like the frame sliders. Sato and others just have the one slider on each side... looks like T-Rex has dual, upper and lower sliders on each side. (I just ordered their swingarm spools as well).

How difficult is it to remove the entire fairing to get the sliders on? (time?)

It was super easy to put on. I had the fairings off to put the new windscreen on. The hardest part was getting the front motor mount bolt out. Even that was really really easy.

I wanted the allen head locking screws for the pucks to face down so I snugged the posts up and put the pucks on and then figured out how much I needed to rotate the post so they would point down and snugged everything back up. And put the fairings bck on.

From start to finish if the fairings were left on I would guess it would take about an hour to do.

Good luck, just follow the directions and you will be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts