Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I no its a real pain to do, I did see a topic with someone installing, have a look in the Appearance and Modifications section.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have done it, Leave about 4 hours.

faring need to come off

the whole nose of the bike needs to come off then pulled apart to remove the screen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's not bad...for this bike, it will take an hour or two your first time. You basically take off the side cowls, side fuel tank panels then the headlight and front cowl. I think it was all 5mm hex screws until the windshield which is phillips. Don't be a cheapskate, buy the maintenance manual and follow it. It'll pay for itself in tiny expensive plastic pieces you don't break.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Took about 1.5 hrs. Bent screwdriver is your friend for the 2 screws behind dash. Nose cone slides forwards and then you can get to the 2 lower ones.
In a nutshell a far as i can remember:

Wing mirrors off

Dash screws out, hand up underneath disconnect loom

Pull dash up and out to one side, moving handlebars for room

Side farings off

2 black clips each side connecting nose cone to infill panel at tank

All bolts out of nose come 4/6?

Bent screwdriver to remove 2 screws fom headlight body to nose cone.

Nose cone will then pull forward.

Undo screen lower bolts and pull it off.

Don't think I've missed anything, but maybe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me and a mate changed ours, first one took us 2 hours but second one only took me 40mins. I took pictures of the whole process, if people are interested i will do a post...

(ps, not hard, just a lot of steps.)

·
745 Posts
  • I did mine
  • Stuff a couple of towels over the front fender or take it off before starting. Removing / disassembling the cowl is much easier if you have somewhere to rest it.
  • "Don't be a cheapskate, buy the maintenance manual and follow it". Excellent advice!
  • Don't try to remove the mirrors from the mirror base - swivel the mirror down and remove the two screws that hold the whole thing on - they have to come out anyway.
  • Make sure the that the tabs on the bottom of the front cowling engage the slots in the bottom of the headlamp before you screw it down. If you screw it up, every thing has to come back apart (guess how i know that?)
  • The little (7mm) plastic push pins that secure the plastic to the fairings and cowling are $2 apiece. Support the pieces as you disengage the fairings, especially where the side fairings are secured at the top front corner. (guess how I know that!)
  • Take your time, take pictures, and lay the screws out so you'll know where they go. Some have shoulders and some don't
  • Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Skymarko! Couldn't be later to the game on this, but was wondering if you ended up posting pics of your windscreen replacement work. Let me know if so?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts