Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I feel cold just reading this thread, and feel guilty for complaining all day about how cold it is here in San Diego right now (down to 51 degrees!) My hat's off to you all. Now to drink my hot tea...
Hey guys, someone just said "down to 51", hahahahahahahaha...

;)

(It's 32° & sleeting here in PA, no end in sight. Enjoy SoCal. Envious beyond words...)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
32+ degrees is just nice, beach swimming weather.
20+ is time to get out and do things,
19 and less is a warm fire,
15 and below is when it gets too cold for my human body to function.
Below 10 is murder.
above 38 it gets a bit uncomfortable.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I find wool to be important.

I rode through twenty winters in Ontario Canada, using a great variety of mostly cheap gear. A snowmobile suit made a lot of difference to me, and I have a similar but thinner ski-suit for Florida's winters, which include enough chilliness and below-freezing weather to remind me well enough of Canada.

But I wear a wool sweater as my second-from-skin layer, and I find it makes a tremendous difference. Even in cold weather, I perspire at least a little, and the generated moisture can help the cold penetrate almost everything ... but it does not penetrate wool, even when the wool is a tad moist.

So I cherish a wool sweater, and indeed I sometimes wear two.

Give it a try, and you may find the difference is significant to you.
Genuine wool, nothing synthetic, and no blends of any kind.

Finally, cheer up, because the beginning of winter means that from today, the days will get longer and the nights will get shorter. Not only that, but throughout the winter the daily gain in daylight increases a little every day.

Spring is on the way ... and I get it first.
When I am done with it, I will send it north to y'all!

Keith

P.S. to prevent pants from riding up and letting your ankles freeze, sew straps that go down from the cuff, under your boot, and up to the opposite side of the cuff. Straps salvaged from a perished knapsack are ideal for this, and for lots of other uses, so chop that knapsack before you pitch it!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts