Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the manual and also searched the boards and couldn't find anything, but when I went to install my new plates today I noticed a long wire hanging out from underneath the seat, it just hangs by the passenger's left side foot peg. It's a black electrical cable with a cover over the connector.

What is this for? Can I tuck it back in so it doesn't hang out so much?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like the taillight/indicator/plate-light connectors, which should not be hanging out lol. If you know your way around the fairing it's probably an idea to remove the rear fairing (if I remember correctly this is the worst piece to attempt to remove) and ziptie it yourself to something so it won't fall out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked in the manual and also searched the boards and couldn't find anything, but when I went to install my new plates today I noticed a long wire hanging out from underneath the seat, it just hangs by the passenger's left side foot peg. It's a black electrical cable with a cover over the connector.

What is this for? Can I tuck it back in so it doesn't hang out so much?

I know exactly that what is once you said it had over cover over it. It is the accessory 12v plug, It sits in the pocket under the passenger seat, you somehow was able to get it all of the way out of that box and now it is dangling out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It goes to your battery. The dealership install it so you can plug in a trickle charger, that is the connection you see with the little cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts