Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Wiring Question

4K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Erik the Viking 
#1 ·
Starting a new project

I am looking at using a cbr250 engine in a project that is not a Honda!!
I have the engine and a wiring loom will be arriving soon. I was wondering if any one had a schematic of all the plugins to the wiring loom, CDi, starter, reg/rec, sensors etc so that I can make a list of all the sensors and other little parts ivrequire to get the engine up and running

#6 ·
This might sound like a dumb question but what is the big multi plug with the orange clip for?? I am building a bike from scratch and have all the other bits sorted but can’t seem to find what goes in this plug!! Or is it for a service computer? The manual hasn’t really showed any clues and from what I can see on the wiring diagram it’s not clear if it is for an ECU or not.

Can anyone help!!

#7 ·
Eric I sent you a link for wiring diagrams, many in colour.
I have just done a google search for "CBR250R + ECU + PLUG".
Once results came up, click on 'images' or watch the youtube videos of the ECU.

You should concern yourself in Identifying engine connections. Injector, plug, AF, ECU etc.
If you are having problems working out the surplus to requirements wiring (Indicators, horn, lights etc) on the loom then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Get your engine on the bench.
Get your wiring loom beside it.
Get the drawing on your wiring and connections, tipex out in white the cabling not needed.

#9 ·
Can’t see any Link?
I have all the wiring connected to injection, cdi, regulator, bar controls etc and all other connections have been identified. It is just one big connection with an orange clip on it that I cannot find what it is for unless it is a diagnostic port?
He said he sent you a link... have you checked your Personal Messages?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.