Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Wisemans Ferry Ride - EOI

4K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  killstrelok 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Have had a lot of requests for a Wisemans Ferry ride. So...

Gosford NSW to Gosford NSW - Google Maps

Meet at the BP at Asquith then a blast down Galston Gorge. If anybody isn't comfortable with Galston Gorge, we can meet at Galston as you can get there via New Line Rd/Galston Rd from West Pennant Hills.

Head up to Wisemans Ferry for lunch at the cafe or the pub. Then cross on the ferry and ride back via Spencer to Somersby. I'll have to leave at this point, but will see the rest of you off down the Old Pacific Hwy.

I haven't set a date for this yet, but it almost certainly won't be before the end of the year. We are moving into our new home around the middle of November and it will take a while to get settled.

Would aim to be in Wisemans around 1200-1300 so Asquith about 1000-1030 (Galston 1030-1100). Riding time would be around 3 hours 45 minutes.

Just looking for "expressions of interest" or other suggestions for routes / stop off points at this point in time. I'm thinking early-mid January at the moment. This will be one of the longest rides I've done, and I'm not sure how my butt would handle this...

See less See more
Discussion starter · #16 ·
Ok, sorry I haven't been more proactive. Moving is such a bitch. Still have so much do do. Anyway, are we still all good for Sunday, assuming nice weather? I was hoping to have driven this route as I always come from the north and head out west. I have no idea how to get from Galston to Wisemans Ferry... Will print up some maps at work on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hey guys, I've had something crop up a lot sooner than I expected and I won't have time to complete the full Wisemans run. I'm ok if you guys want to still do the Wisemans run without me - I'll be planning another one early next year anyway.

We could also can it all together until then or turn it into a quick blast up the old pacific highway.

I'll still be heading down to Asquith regardless to dust off some cobwebs.

So sorry for the late notice guys, if I say I'm going to do something I always try my best to follow through.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.