Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am really happy to be a part of an International forum of CBR 250r owners. I have a 2014 model CBR 250R non-abs.

I am from Kochi, India and was really confused about my upgrade from a 2009 model Royal Enfield Electra with a Cast Iron Engine.

The threads in the forum were really helpful in taking the decision to go for a CBR 250R over a KTM Duke 390.
I am a frequent traveler and do a lot of long-distance trips. Looking forward to interact with you guys over here.

The first thing I would like to ask you guys is your opinion about moving to a K&N or BMC air filter as it would give a small BHP hike and little grunt to the bike.
I am planning to keep this bike atleast for 3 years and I will be doing atleast a 20k miles in a year. So engine life is more important to me.

Waiting for your replys..... :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
For engine longevity, the OEM air filters are usually the best option.

The Honda is happy with regular gasoline, while the KTM lists a higher grade requirement that is not always available when traveling the "interesting" roads.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you wanted more grunt you should have got the KTM390, nothing will make the CBR faster, apart from you going on a diet and a large cliff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts