Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed a completely dead battery about a month ago.

Then I took her out for a spin, hooked it up to battery tender.

About 3 weeks later, I tried to start it again and it won't start.

As you can see from the video, as soon as I flip the engine switch it keeps flashing CEL light with a ticking sound.

Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery again. So have you not started the bike in the last 3 weeks? If not it would make me think that there is some parasitic drain happening.

What mods have been done to the bike that you know of? Most likely it would be some aftermarket system that is the cause.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a dead battery again. So have you not started the bike in the last 3 weeks? If not it would make me think that there is some parasitic drain happening.

What mods have been done to the bike that you know of? Most likely it would be some aftermarket system that is the cause.
Thanks! I will try jump starting tomorrow.

I haven't done any mods. I have no idea why it would die like that... Even without the battery tender, it should last 3 weeks on a brand new battery. :|

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could have a duff reg/rec so the battery will not charge OR you may have a broken wire shorting out to earth (ground).

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm assuming that clicking sound is from your starter solenoid.
If you just began using a new battery tender I'd double-check how it's connected to the battery. Review the instructions for connecting the battery leads to insure it was done correctly before you try anything else.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm not sure that's the battery. When mine died the bike would do all the stuff it usually does when the ignition key is turned but then just die completely once I touched the starter button. Pressing the starter button does not seem to have any effect at all on your bike... Strange....:confused:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im pretty sure its the fuel pump solenoid clicking. You can see with key on the display doesnt show any numbers which is telling me low voltage from the start. When you click on the kill switch the pump is coming on and the voltage dropped enough that the ecu shuts off. Then the battery recovers its voltage enough for it to turn back on again. Thats why its clicking.

Have you ridden in the past three weeks or was it only sitting?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is surely a loose connection, earthing not being proper or water on the circuit, would suggest spray all switches, fuse box, relays, all connectors with wd40, check earthing is proper, also check if battery is recharging properly once the bike starts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts