Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We finally got one of these neat little bikes in here and now have clip-ons available. Our 1" 37mm clip-on risers will drop the bars as low as possible without the throttle cables hitting the bodywork. These clip-ons will offer a much more aggressive riding position than stock.

We are in the process of developing rearsets and frame sliders as well. Check our website periodically as new parts will be listed there first.

This is our first post on this forum and we will keep everyone up to date as more parts become available.

Thanks

Greg Souther
Woodcraft Technologies Inc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Will the risers work with the stock set up? Thanks
The 1" risers work with the stock bodywork with no interference. You may be able to run standard 37mm race clip-ons (no riser) with race bodywork but you would need to do some serious trimming to clear the throttle cables.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Very nice Woodcraft.

They look like they'll be lower than the TYGA ones too... basically as low and forward as possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greg, will Woodcraft / Armour Bodies be making race bodywork for the CBR250R?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greg, will Woodcraft / Armour Bodies be making race bodywork for the CBR250R?
At the moment we do not have bodywork in the works. If you know anyone willing to donate some stock bodywork we would make it worth it for them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The stock bodywork is destroyed making molds however Armour Bodies will typically provide 3 sets for your stock plastics. If you are interested you can email me at [email protected].
That's a VERY tempting offer... now if I could just convince CCS to make a 250cc spec class...

WAIT, no, I'm building a bike for racing, the CBR is for the street. I just have to keep telling myself that and maybe at some point I'll believe it. :D That said, if my machine ends up sitting at the shop for much longer waiting for water pump seals I may just go ahead and pull the bodywork...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a VERY tempting offer... now if I could just convince CCS to make a 250cc spec class...

WAIT, no, I'm building a bike for racing, the CBR is for the street. I just have to keep telling myself that and maybe at some point I'll believe it. :D That said, if my machine ends up sitting at the shop for much longer waiting for water pump seals I may just go ahead and pull the bodywork...
Right now we are waiting to see if any spec classes are being made for that as well. If this bike becomes as popular as the little Ninja then we will definitely need to make some more parts for it including bodywork.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thinking about this some more, I'm not sure how well the lil CBR will adapt to traditional race bodywork. It uses integrated, spring loaded tabs in a bunch of spots that won't easily/quickly be adaptable to DZUS fasterners or screws without fabbing new brackets. I'm going to have to poke at my machine some more when I get it back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thinking about this some more, I'm not sure how well the lil CBR will adapt to traditional race bodywork. It uses integrated, spring loaded tabs in a bunch of spots that won't easily/quickly be adaptable to DZUS fasterners or screws without fabbing new brackets. I'm going to have to poke at my machine some more when I get it back.
I have already torn one apart and most of those tabs just hold the individual plastic pieces together. Most of the main mounting points to the chassis are bolted so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have already torn one apart and most of those tabs just hold the individual plastic pieces together. Most of the main mounting points to the chassis are bolted so it shouldn't be a problem.
Point, forgot that the race bodywork wouldn't be a 16-bazzilion piece assembly ala OEM, d-oh!

I know Armor Bodies is using CF/Kevlar reinforcements now, have they done any full CF panel sets, I'd be curious if there is any real weight savings there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Point, forgot that the race bodywork wouldn't be a 16-bazzilion piece assembly ala OEM, d-oh!

I know Armor Bodies is using CF/Kevlar reinforcements now, have they done any full CF panel sets, I'd be curious if there is any real weight savings there?
They do not offer carbon fiber bodywork. The weight savings is minimal and it cost 3-4 times as much to produce.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I LOVE woodcraft !

Thanks for getting on the ball with the CBR250R !!

Would like to Mini Endurance race a CBR250R with the CMRA ...also sprint race in Superstock E & Formula 4

Please keep us posted on the bodywork updates please

Thanks,Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I LOVE woodcraft !

Thanks for getting on the ball with the CBR250R !!

Would like to Mini Endurance race a CBR250R with the CMRA ...also sprint race in Superstock E & Formula 4

Please keep us posted on the bodywork updates please

Thanks,Bill
We will be designing parts for the bike all fall. I will post new parts on here as soon as they become available. We are hoping to have most parts available by early 2012.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts