Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my CBR 250R is only 560Km old and the lower part of the chain slider got broken somewhere and came out hanging. I tried pulling out the upper part of it to remove it completly, without removing the mud flap or anything. But I failed, its too tight or fixed to somewhere near the swingarm joint. Can anyone tell me whether replacing the chain slider is a DIY for a beginner (only done an engine oil & oil filter replace by myself yet)? I have read here in this forum that early ageing of this chain slider is due to some chain tightness or wheel alignment issues. But to check all those, I have to take the bike out to the ASC, and for that I have to replace the chain slider. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good evening bro, I'm currently on 32514 km on the original chain slider.
Is it possible that you can show a picture of your current problem?
I remember recently seeing a thread where a user replaced his slider.
Any job on our CBR is possible with time and patience.
Good luck with the repair.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamragesh006

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good evening bro, I'm currently on 32514 km on the original chain slider.
Is it possible that you can show a picture of your current problem?
I remember recently seeing a thread where a user replaced his slider.
Any job on our CBR is possible with time and patience.
Good luck with the repair.

This was the problem & fixed. And YES, this job was done with time & patience.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
This was the problem & fixed. And YES, this job was done with time & patience.
Oh my dude.
Did you find out why it failed?

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
The CBR250Rs that were initially produced in India had a lot of finish problems.

What year is your 560 km-old bike? Was it stored outside or near the ocean?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The CBR250Rs that were initially produced in India had a lot of finish problems.

What year is your 560 km-old bike? Was it stored outside or near the ocean?
December 2013 is the manufacturing month & year of my bike. I bought it on 17th May 2017. I felt like there won't be any change in the bike, if it was kept unused even if the manufacturing was done on 2013 or 2017, except any cosmetic wear & tears, because of the trust in Honda (Please correct me if I am wrong). As it was kept for sale by an authorized dealer, it would have been kept in the condition in which a bike has to be stored, if it's being stored for long. I had seen the rust near the gear shifter at time of selecting the bike but I thought it was a negligible issue as I got this bike with an odo reading of 3 Km for a discount of 60,000 INR (930 USD approximately) from Honda's authorized dealer.

No. It wasn't stored near any ocean, most probably it was stored in the warehouse of the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loos like a crap part - seems to be a fixing hole that appears too thin at the front (Material), warranty issue.
Also look at the rear suspension setting, as you sit on the bike it should clear top and bottom, if too stiff it will drag on the top, too soft the bottom - got 31 years out of mine

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I'm going to say the chain was running too tight or without proper surface lubrication. Be sure to adjust for the proper slack according to the directions on the swingarm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts