Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my CBR 250R is only 560Km old and the lower part of the chain slider got broken somewhere and came out hanging. I tried pulling out the upper part of it to remove it completly, without removing the mud flap or anything. But I failed, its too tight or fixed to somewhere near the swingarm joint. Can anyone tell me whether replacing the chain slider is a DIY for a beginner (only done an engine oil & oil filter replace by myself yet)? I have read here in this forum that early ageing of this chain slider is due to some chain tightness or wheel alignment issues. But to check all those, I have to take the bike out to the ASC, and for that I have to replace the chain slider. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good evening bro, I'm currently on 32514 km on the original chain slider.
Is it possible that you can show a picture of your current problem?
I remember recently seeing a thread where a user replaced his slider.
Any job on our CBR is possible with time and patience.
Good luck with the repair.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

·
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good evening bro, I'm currently on 32514 km on the original chain slider.
Is it possible that you can show a picture of your current problem?
I remember recently seeing a thread where a user replaced his slider.
Any job on our CBR is possible with time and patience.
Good luck with the repair.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
This was the problem & fixed. And YES, this job was done with time & patience.

Attachments

·
2,015 Posts
The CBR250Rs that were initially produced in India had a lot of finish problems.

What year is your 560 km-old bike? Was it stored outside or near the ocean?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The CBR250Rs that were initially produced in India had a lot of finish problems.

What year is your 560 km-old bike? Was it stored outside or near the ocean?
December 2013 is the manufacturing month & year of my bike. I bought it on 17th May 2017. I felt like there won't be any change in the bike, if it was kept unused even if the manufacturing was done on 2013 or 2017, except any cosmetic wear & tears, because of the trust in Honda (Please correct me if I am wrong). As it was kept for sale by an authorized dealer, it would have been kept in the condition in which a bike has to be stored, if it's being stored for long. I had seen the rust near the gear shifter at time of selecting the bike but I thought it was a negligible issue as I got this bike with an odo reading of 3 Km for a discount of 60,000 INR (930 USD approximately) from Honda's authorized dealer.

No. It wasn't stored near any ocean, most probably it was stored in the warehouse of the dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts