Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Would you use this paint scheme program?

• Yes

Votes: 107 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 7.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

It's just a concept right now. It would probably take a few months for me to actually code it and get it working. I know there's a lot of people out there who don't know how to use Photoshop, this could ultimately be a replacement solution and it has easy execution (point and click). There would be more color choices and higher quality edits, but I just wanted to get my idea across. The goal is to have as many individual parts editable and hopefully around 20 colors so people can create their own color schemes.

I've never seen anything like this done before for a motorcycle, but I think it's a neat idea.

That said... The ultimate question is "Would you use it?"

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I think for this forum, it would be great. Many have wondered what their paint vision would look like. With a program like that it could help many make a choice.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes. Yes I would.

Attach a poll.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would definitely use this. It beats trying to use Google to find something similar to what I'd like to see for a colour scheme.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No.

Lots of coding time for very little traffic. But cool if you need it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added the poll. Seems like a majority of the replies are positive.

Will probably take a month for me to code it when I have the free time and a few weeks for all of the image editing. It'll be a learning experience for me, and it seems like it'll help quite a few people out here on the forums. So it's a win-win situation.

To be honest, I really wish Honda had something like this on their website. Imagine being able to customize your bike exactly how you wanted it before you went to your dealer to pick it up.

Reactions: 5005

·
1,305 Posts
I think its a cool little project,

If i was designing my bike and playing with color idea i would totally use it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes and include Matte black and pearl white please :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think it's awesome! I'd use it too. It's kinda like tireracks thing where you can see the wheels on your vehicle before buying them. You're definitely a computer genius compared to me. LOL I can turn it on and find my way to google. HA HA

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
any news of it up and running? it's an awesome idea! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts