Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
First highway ride, up to 125km/h effortlessly...would have gone faster if I hadn't been paying attention
Question... How is the head-on wind at highway speeds? Punishing?
I ask, because the stock windscreen is crap, even at 85km/h.
I haven't had reason to take my ceebee on highwy as yet, but looking forward to it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Question... How is the head-on wind at highway speeds? Punishing?
I ask, because the stock windscreen is crap, even at 85km/h.
I haven't had reason to take my ceebee on highwy as yet, but looking forward to it.
I find my self ducking at anything over 70 mph. Top speed so far is an indicated 107 mph (US).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've done 80mph but the speed limit over here is 70mph. There are some very naughty people on this forum. :D
I only speed for scientific research... I'm studying the drag coefficient of my backpack vs. my tail bag, and the effect of said values on greenhouse gas emissions and fuel economy at speeds X, Y, and Z...

Expect conclusive test results in the coming months.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It can break 160 mph if you ride over a cliff.
Mach speed if you drag it behind a fighter jet.

I don't think the stock bike can go 100mph.(100 real, not indicated.)
You're right probably not.

I've done 80mph but the speed limit over here is 70mph. There are some very naughty people on this forum. :D
I've done 94, flat surface no wind. That's plenty fast enough, but I've only done that on the freeway in the HOV lane with no traffic around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got it up to 93 today, with about 20 pounds of gear and the heavy stock exhaust. I'm about 160 pounds. The tach was a touch below 10,000 rpms.

Roll on from 60-80 has gotten better with milage.

It also vibrates a hell of lot less than my Ninja 650.

·
Registered
501 Posts
From the begining of the on ramp to the end i was doing the speed limit. So the Cbr is fast enough. On a couple of the on ramps had to slow down because cars to slow. Great little 250

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find the stock windscreen offers little help at highway speeds. Tucking in is still necessary to avoid being buffeted. But the bike reaches and hold road speed much better than my old bike, so pretty happy here. I may try an aftermarket screen down the road.

·
Registered
879 Posts
From the begining of the on ramp to the end i was doing the speed limit. So the Cbr is fast enough. On a couple of the on ramps had to slow down because cars to slow. Great little 250
Ya i think were all a little naughty now and then. ( OH WELL )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts