Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Cbr 250ra

New rider, been riding for less than a month; yesterday I ran a light and smacked into a jeep. Going to get it out the impound in the next couple of hours and wanted yalls input on why the bike wont start to give me a headstart

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Many F.I. cycles have a "tip-over sensor" that cuts fuel if the cycle is on it's side. Sometimes they need to be reset.

Not sure if or how that needs to be done on a CBR. I'll see if I can find anything for you.

Sounds like you are OK though - right?

EDIT: Not finding much info. Disconnecting the battery momentarily may do something. Opening the throttle slowly as you are cranking can sometime help get it started. Make sure the red kill switch on the right bar didn't get bumped into the off position.

A couple suggestions - replace that stock front tire. It's too old.

Take a rider class if you haven't.

Really work on using the front brake for all your stopping, and practice really hauling it down using the front only. This works a lot better with a good front tire.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Based on what I've found (it wasn't much), look for a black module plugged into the harness in the area of the headlight.

Another member said he unplugged his and the bike started, but I'm surprised it would run without it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea it’s possibly that. My sensor was mounted near the lower triple tree clamp, under the front plastic. I have a CBR 150 2015, but I reckon it’s in a similar place. This is from the 125cc service manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts