Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just picked up a Xena disc alarm system this week, haven't had a chance to try it out on my bike yet, as I'm out of town. Does anyone have any experience with these things? I have a regular disc lock, but the idea of a combined alarm seems sensible. I stuck the battery in it to test it briefly, and it is very loud and piercing, as advertised! I'll put it on the bike Monday, and post my impressions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uuuhhh, not too sure, I thought they were all kind of the same concept, a disc lock with a shock alarm...... I'd have to check. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
269 Posts
i keep one on the bike at all times, so far i've had good luck with it. a couple times i've heard it going off at night when i was in the house and able to run outside. i don't know if anyone touched it but my last bike got stolen so it definitely eases my mind. also i forgot i had it on one day in a hurry and it let me know before i broke my fender

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use XX-6 on both my Yamaha & have bought one recently for C250R. I'm quite impressed with Xena that it scares the h.e.l.l out of people, atleast here, in India. When people try to move, the sounds gathers all the attention & most importantly they can't move the vehicle & they think its in gear & engage the clutch to move.

Xena is way better product in terms of security, ease of use & tamper proof than most other security systems.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like a waste of money to me, someone can easily cover the alarm with a towel to suppress the noise and and just take the front wheel off or cut through the disk brake. I guess it does deter or prolong the theft, not worth my money tho. Get a lo-jack or better yet a garage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like a waste of money to me, someone can easily cover the alarm with a towel to suppress the noise and and just take the front wheel off or cut through the disk brake. I guess it does deter or prolong the theft, not worth my money tho. Get a lo-jack or better yet a garage.

Cant take your garage to the local supermarket or train station.....;) I have an alarm on my bike but also use a disk lock....on the back wheel of course

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lol!!! Towel to wrap the sound? Have you heard the 120db alarm sound? Its extremely difficult to cover the noise unless one is amidst of heavy noises. But have you used them in the first place to comment? I suggest you try them first & provide your opinion.

They can't simply sell a product without so many accolades

·
Registered
221 Posts
If someone wants to give me $100 to test it, sure. I agree it is a deterrent, but, fair enough, I have not owned one so I provide my opinions as is.

If your remember physics, sound needs a medium to move through, regardless of db of intensity. Even a can of expandable foam can work. Yes it is a MacGyver hack job but their are also smart thieves out there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pls remember, locks DO NOT guarantee from the vehicle being from stolen. Locks are only to delay the stealing process. Say, you've one simple chain & lock & the thief knows how to break it, then its, gone in 60 seconds.

If you 2 simple locks, probably, gone in 120 seconds.

If you've complex lock & theif doesn't know a clue, then probably, it might delay his burglary or turn his attention to another vehicle

If you've a complex lock with alarm & theif doesn't know a clue, even if I don't wake up, there're other passer by or neighbourhood wakes up to the sound.

·
Registered
532 Posts
To bump an old thread -- Why the XX6 vs one with a large locking pin? Is the 6mm the largest that will fit our bikes?

EDIT: I just found a ruler and measured a few of the holes, and it looks like maybe only the 6mm would fit, unless someone knows otherwise.

·
Registered
206 Posts
To bump an old thread -- Why the XX6 vs one with a large locking pin? Is the 6mm the largest that will fit our bikes?

EDIT: I just found a ruler and measured a few of the holes, and it looks like maybe only the 6mm would fit, unless someone knows otherwise.
Xena has a page you can print out and hold it up to the disk. I did it and it turns out that the xx6 is the only one that seems to fit. There is another model listed that will work but it looks like it has been gotten rid of. I have ABS if it matter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread again, but does anyone have long term opinions on these? Happy after a year of use etc? I am considering one these and would like users input.

Thank you,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts