Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another New CBR250R Rider

I have just finished running in my new motorbike (Honda CBR250R-B, 2011). The bike is very economical (I regularly get well over 90mpg) and as quick as I need it to be (suburbia, B-roads and single carriageway A-roads). Given the roads I am using, the dry weather handling seems really good too; since getting the bike I haven't had many rainy days to contend with.

This will be my second Honda CBR250. The first one was ca. 1980, when the three valve version first came out. Since then I moved to cars (family) and bicycles (commuting, fitness, sport).

I returned to motorbikes about 5 years ago and use mine mainly for commuting, and when my cycling legs tell me to have a rest!

Best Regards,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Peter,
What pops from your post for me is the 90 mpg. Is your commute open road? And, what is your average speed? I'm curiously jealous and happy for you,

·
Registered
5 Posts
It looks like he is from England where they go by the Imperial gallon which is 4.56 litres vs. you in the US where the gallon is 3.78 litres so he will obviously get a higher mile per gallon count. 90 mpg Imperial is just around 70 mpg US

1 - 3 of 3 Posts