Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the site. I am looking to get one of these bikes. I live in North Carolina and I am trying to find out what people have paid out the door for these in this area?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honda MSRP is $3999 so that is a good place to start. Every dealer will probably be different. My advice would be to find a reputable dealer and place to get it worked on. If you pay an extra $200 for that then its money well spent.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Columbia, SC I got mine for 4850 minus the Two Brother's exhaust the dealership had installed on it. Got boned with 350 freight and 200 paperwork fees >.< The other 300 was tax, tag, title, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You couldn't possibly end up paying more than we do in CA.
It was a tad shy of $5300. out the door and a tad short of $5800. with the extended warranty. It seems to me that CA is the most expensive state so I'd think it's a good "Worse case scenario" for ya.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Am hoping to find somewhere that doesn't charge the freight and bs like that. I know there will be the tax,tag, and title.

·
Registered
80 Posts
GREYMATTER- how is riding the roads around Columbia? I grew up in Lexington and now that i'm thinking about how horrible the condition of SC roads are i'm thinking you are pretty brave.

·
Registered
999 Posts
There might be a bit of a wait before you can get a deal like that.
These little bikes are selling like hotcakes. No dealer is going to budge an inch while demand is still high & supply relatively low.

Me thinks what you want will require much patience.
Unfortunately I have none and jumped at the first 250 I could find.
I tried to learn patience once long ago but it was taking way too long so I gave up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
GREYMATTER- how is riding the roads around Columbia? I grew up in Lexington and now that i'm thinking about how horrible the condition of SC roads are i'm thinking you are pretty brave.
Actually so far it hasn't been too bad, I haven't exactly gone out extremely far yet, only my second day riding ever, but I've put 100 miles on it on backroads and with the suspension on this thing, it has been fairly easy riding.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome mxracer56, what part of N.C. are you in?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am in the Charlotte area up around lake Norman.

Thats cool....Hager Honda in Rock Hill has a black non-abs, I got a good deal from them, I delt with Byron Hager, he`s the owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts