Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got home,it seems my dealer left a message on my home phone,no abs until the summer,but he is getting a non abs at the end of the month in black,i wanted the red abs,so what should i do,today i went to look at a buell xb9 city cross,2008 for 5 grand,cbr or buell???:confused:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I looked at one when I bought the Sportster in January. Cool bike but it was too tall for me. Had to be on the tips of my toes. Another thing I was afraid of was parts availabilty since Buell went out of business. Sure some parts are HD but didnt want to take the chance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah,i sat on one today,i was on my toes too,i think parts will be there if u need them,but do u think i should play it safe and get the black non abs,my dealer said he will give me first dibs,since i had my deposit on a red abs version that he is not getting in now.i think i will be fine without the abs since i only plan to ride a short distance on nice days back and fourth to work,only 12 miles each way,but i have to be honest i im really considering saving money and getting a ruckus and then ,maybe modding it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I had a Yamaha Zuma 50cc and like the Ruckus theyre are just to slow. Any road with over a 25 mph speed limit gets scary. I could get up to 40 mph but it took me a 1/4 mile to get up to that speed.
The wife had a 150cc scooter last summer as her first ride and that was pretty quick. For me the CBR seems to fit right between a scooter and bigger bike, plenty of power for around town and still can be used for long trips.
One of the other draw backs for the Buell is I dont think its fuel injected, I could be wrong though. Having the fuel injection is great. With carbs it gets old sitting and waiting for the bike to warm up and then its poppin and dying out if you didnt let it warm up enough.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I guess I could see ABS if youre gonna ride it year round in any weather. I had to do that one year.
You can do what I do, if it rains, slow down.
ABS actually can increase your stopping distance, and there are times where you want to skid sideways, like if a car pulls out right in front of you.
Thats why I went non abs.

·
281 Posts
i need help,new black cbr 250,or a used 2008 mint condition buell xb9 city:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Jersey, the three motos you are talking about are completely different. This makes it very difficult to help you decide. But you could tell the dealer you're in on the CBR for month end and then this would buy you some time to think this over. The dealer won't care if you change your mind. I think the CBR would make you smile....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok,final decision black cbr

there r still honest people in the world:) Just got back from looking at the buell xb12s this guy had for sale,it looked like it was kept in a glass bubble,it didnt have a mark on it,it was a 2008,and he wanted 5grand,after talking to him and telling him i wanted a bike mainly for going back to work and home,and maybe a few joy rides,he said it wasnt the bike for me,all the roads to my work were 35 mph and top 40 mph.he told me to wait on the cbr 250,what a great guy,i had the cash on me.but he said i would only use 3 gears,lol,i knew the bike was powerfull,i love the look of it,so i went back to my dealer and signed new papers for the black non abs he has coming in,he has a line of people waiting but because i had a deposit down on the abs red monthes ago,he held it for me,and he also was glad i didnt buy the buell,he said it would be tough to find parts for it.I think for what i need the bike for ,the 250 was the right move.now i just want to red anodize most parts on it,lol

·
745 Posts
Hey Jersey...

I absolutely love my black CBR, and believe that once you see it you will as well...

Good luck, hope to see it soon!

Luke

·
Registered
118 Posts
I honestly think you should wait for the cbr250, because when one pulls up beside you and looks smoking hot, you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting for one!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
done deal,i went to the dealership and pd in full,he only gave me $300 off,is that good? He said there is no wiggle room,bike is too hot,lol,i got the black one coming may 24:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sweet! I still gotta go purchase mine as well, what was the final price you paid including all bs and what not.

Glad you stuck with the CBR250R as well, haha i was getting worried when i was reading this thread.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
final price was $4,900,tax,prep,delivery,motor vehicle,doc fees,unreal how they stick it to you.:( but all in all still a very good price for a bike that can smoke a ducati,lmao:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
636 Posts
i just now read this post and could not reply fast enough!! i had the same senario going, and went for the cbr. buell parts are going to be harder and harder to find as time goes on. i had a chance to buy a buell blast for 2grand but went for the cbr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts