Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding the CBR250 across North America - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (so please forgive me if it's not!) - but I'm on the return leg of my motorcycle (2011 CBR 250R) trip across Canada/US.

I started in Vancouver, B.C. and made it as far as Charlottetown, PEI and I'm going back to Vancouver through the states (Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, etc).

It's my first huge road trip and everyone (including myself) thinks I'm nuts for doing this on such a small bike.

I just wanted to share my experience - it's here on this blog:
Life on Two Wheels

If anyone has any remarks or questions about riding conditions or how the bike is holding up, let me know!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey that's awesome man. You're a brave soul. I doubt I would ever attempt this on any bike but I think it's great that you are.

Good luck and ride safe. Keep us updated on your progress. The blog is looking good so far. Upload some more pictures though. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm jealous :) Thanks for documenting your trip it's awesome.

I'll be driving to Chicago next week. After reading your blog I think I'll go through Buffalo and avoid the 401 altogether.

·
Registered
90 Posts
While i haven't gone through the entire blog, maybe you mentioned it...

I'd like to know if the bike was stock, or if you changed anything like.. the seat or whatever.

Also, how many km's would you pack in over a day?

(Some people on here , like myself, are interested in how the bike performs. Can't imagine a better way to test the bike out , than a long distance trip.
If your one of them, I'd be interested in following your progress on the website Fuelly.com)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Riding the CBR250 across North America - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (so please forgive me if it's not!) - but I'm on the return leg of my motorcycle (2011 CBR 250R) trip across Canada/US.

I started in Vancouver, B.C. and made it as far as Charlottetown, PEI and I'm going back to Vancouver through the states (Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, etc).

It's my first huge road trip and everyone (including myself) thinks I'm nuts for doing this on such a small bike.

I just wanted to share my experience - it's here on this blog:
Life on Two Wheels

If anyone has any remarks or questions about riding conditions or how the bike is holding up, let me know!

Cheers,
Chris
Its a CBR250R; this is the place to post for sure

I know a lot of people have the idea that you have to have a big "touring" motorcycle to pack in the miles. Not necessary in my opinion, and experience, and you have discovered. I toured parts of Europe on a Honda CB250RS, and have been the breadth, and most of the length of New Zealand on bikes ranging from 100cc to 350cc. I've seen a couple of Swiss plated 250 Honda NX250's here in Thailand.... They were ridden here. Just roll along within the comfort range of the bike and you can cover the distance OK.

Good on you for doing the journey. You're not nuts. You've got guts.

Good to see that it is not just the bike. For me the bike is not the be all and end all of a journey. It is just the means to get around. Motorcycles are a form of transport that I enjoy because I like the feeling of being in touch with the environment (wearing an open face helmet), and I like the feeling of riding. However, I usually ride to go somewhere, not just for the sake of riding.

Your pictures reveal that there is much more to your journey than the bike and riding. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
619 Posts

Cheers,
Chris
Awesome, good for you! Almost missed this, with the catchy title.:rolleyes:

Any oil usage? Any idea about mileage? Thanks for the report, have fun!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Awesome, good for you! Almost missed this, with the catchy title.:rolleyes:

Any oil usage? Any idea about mileage? Thanks for the report, have fun!
qirrd's right Chris. Your report is worthy of more attention. Perhaps you should do an edit to change the title. Go to advanced in the editing and you should be able to do it there.

I got stuck with "Year Make Model Topic Be Descriptive!" when I first arrived on the forum too. I had to ask admin to change it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts