Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on riding this basically everyday to and from work, as well as travelling.

Let's give a ballpark estimate of 10k miles a year. Any idea, yearly, how much it would cost to maintain?

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Much cheaper than your average bike, probably around 125cc running costs. I do around 8k per year, and so far I'm getting around 82 mpg imperial. I expect a minor service to be just under 100 GBP (every 8k) and I'm guessing a major (every 16k) to be around 200 GBP. Honda dealer prices. This is much cheaper and much less frequent than your average middleweight bike. One of the reasons I bought one of these. Hope this helps. ;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just off the top of my head the most expensive cost is a valve check every 8k.
So at 8k per year, I figure you 450-500 per year plus the regular brakes and stuff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
dont forget tires. You will go through them much more often than on a car. I dont know about the CBR specifically but many bikes want new tires every 3000 or so miles. If you are going to do 10k you may need tires 3 times a year. Terrain and riding style obviously influence this greatly. If you tear out of your home on a cold day expect to go through tires faster than if you let them warm up a bit before you ride aggressively.

You will also want to be good about changing the oil (oil + filters), cleaning the chain (cleaner + lube), maybe oiling the clutch cable (pennies literally), and other related stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts