Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have done ALOT of reading because ive wanted to get a Yoshi slip on exhaust for multiple reasons:
- stock is super ugly imo
- louder (sounds cool and will allow cars to hear me)

However, i am now concerned it may be too loud? And if it is, i was reading about something called a dB killer/silencer? Does it come with this? It can't be that loud can it? i dont want to be a douchebag or look like an idiot.

I really like the look and have heard good snipits. I just do not want to be riding on the freeway and it sounding redonk.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
96 Posts
It comes with an insert that lowers the sound a tad. IMO it's a little loud but I too didn't like the looks of the stock muffler and wanted cars to hear me better (although some will say that cars won't hear you unless you are right next to them).

I've learned to feather the throttle so it's not crazy loud in my neighborhood.

Ill give a shout out to Tom at Biohazard Cycles (he's a board sponser here) who has really good prices and even better service if you haven't decided where to pick one up from.

-cheers

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The Yosh is a sweet looking pipe, especially the carbon fiber however, it is one of the louder exhausts. IMO, I like the throaty sound and donot find it obnoxious. The silencer dampens it a bit but if you are looking for a quieter pipe try the Acropovic. Not as nice loking as the Yosh but it is a quality product and has a deeper growl. I agree with you about the stock pipe and I replaced it a few months after I purchased my ride. Blech!! However, some like the look and painted the heat sheild which IMO, cosmetically improves it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Yosh is a sweet looking pipe, especially the carbon fiber however, it is one of the louder exhausts. IMO, I like the throaty sound and donot find it obnoxious. The silencer dampens it a bit but if you are looking for a quieter pipe try the Acropovic. Not as nice loking as the Yosh but it is a quality product and has a deeper growl. I agree with you about the stock pipe and I replaced it a few months after I purchased my ride. Blech!! However, some like the look and painted the heat sheild which IMO, cosmetically improves it.
thanks for the tip on a quieter aftermarket exhaust. does the bike engine need to be adjusted in anyway after you have one installed? how long was your bike in the shop?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
In shop for a day in which I had the full system installed with the Bazzaz FI, Yosh frame sliders and cowl. Bazzaz has pre-programed maps so all I had to do was ride it. From what I understand, the ECU resets itself while riding. Some guys elect to Dyno their bikes following exhaust installation to improve power. With the Bazaz it is not necessary but a niceity to Dyno-tune.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For clarification,

If i get the Yoshi slip on (already been in contact with biohazard), will it need to be taken to the shop to adjust ECU or whatnot? Or is it ready to ride after install.

Thanks!
Andy

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The Bazzaz Z-FI is a fuel control unit I had installed with my after market exhaust. It controls the air/fuel mixture that improves torque, fuel and adds a wee bit of power; approx 10% increase. It is a plug and play unit that piggy backs onto the stock ECU. Comes complete with 2 maps, for slip on and full exhaust, that one can program through their PC. I had this work done at Powerhouse but I will have to defer the ECU setting to the much more knowledgeable techs on this forum. I've understood that the ECU is capable of reseting itself in some circumstances while others disconnect then reconnect the battery. Other Bazaz units that map traction and quick shifting, there is no automatic reset. These units are primarily used for racing on the 600's and 1000 cc. Sorry I cannot be of any more help. There is a guy on this forum clled BAZZAZ that can answer your questions. I love the product and have noticed increased torque and smoother throttle control following my new exhaust and Z-FI.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:) I have a full YOSHI exhaust on my CBR250, like the looks,sound(with insert) , dynajet tuner, to most my riding bubs around The Rock Store they like the sound :D also the looks.:eek: on the fwy it is not like riding one of my BMW's a little louder but passable :rolleyes: put it on and RIDE :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
+1. buy and ride:D

·
Registered
879 Posts
I installed a yosh slip on and to me it was terrible loud. But some people like it so i guess it depends on the person. I had a Yamaha R1 with two yosh slip on mufflers and it wasnt as loud as this little 250.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So if i get an aftermarket exhaust, do i need to get dyno and ECU reset or whatever? Or is it plug and play?

Thanks for the input
Andy

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed a yosh slip on and to me it was terrible loud. But some people like it so i guess it depends on the person. I had a Yamaha R1 with two yosh slip on mufflers and it wasnt as loud as this little 250.
This is exactly what i'm worried about with aftermarket exhaust. If a company can come out with an exhaust that sounds good, looks better than stock, but wont blow my ears out then I'll be ordering that in a heartbeat. Until then its the stock with the heat shield blacked out. Sometimes I dont even want to touch it because its a 250 and thats like pimping out a chevy cavalier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True jherm, but i its a small mod that may make me feel wonder better.

What did you get instead Tom?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
True jherm, but i its a small mod that may make me feel wonder better.

What did you get instead Tom?
and Andy;

Is this your first bike??? No matter what the make of bike each manufacturer provides a basic model. It is up to the customer if they wish to upgrade or make mods. Take HD for instance, a purchaser spends an arm and a leg for a basic bike but spends thousands on mods, from windscreen to a full system exhaust. Bling in itself costs one the price of a first born child. Honda is no different. Owner wants a better sounding exhaust or other "farkles" they have to spend a pretty pennie. Difference is, the pretty pennie gets you more with Honda than HD

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually have a twin bros slip on thats pretty loud, and I think it's a good thing especially for someone new like me. I almost got side swiped 2 or 3 times on those 2 left turn lane streets where the guy to my left just drifted into my lane when making a left.

With the bigger exhaust I'll rev it once or twice before taking the turn so he knows I'm there. Its great to cut through windows up, loud music, and cell phone talking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts