Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Just got my wife and me one of these little guys. :)

I am going to be added Yoshi's Full system to both of them. My question is will it need a fuel map box. Yoshi's Bazzaz's etc?

I went back about 6 pages and was not able to find any real info it just that Dyno jet's box is not working correctly.

I know on my CBR1000 I did not need one with just the Yoshi Slip on it had. and I am seeing lots of people on here get by with the slip on. now what about the full system? Or is the slip on only really needed

Edit: Called Yoshi.. No you do not need a fuel mapping to run the full system

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've heard that all an after market fuel will do is increase throttle response and maybe smooth out the powerband. Sorry no source...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hello,

I am going to be added Yoshi's Full system to both of them. My question is will it need a fuel map box. Yoshi's Bazzaz's etc?

I went back about 6 pages and was not able to find any real info it just that Dyno jet's box is not working correctly.

I know on my CBR1000 I did not need one with just the Yoshi Slip on it had. and I am seeing lots of people on here get by with the slip on. now what about the full system? Or is the slip on only really needed

Dealer said just go with the slip-on. Cheaper and nearly an equal gain in performance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer said just go with the slip-on. Cheaper and nearly an equal gain in performance.
I can see that on the CBr250R
My Yoshi slip on gained me 9WHP

I just got the Twobros black series slip-on for the wife today. It looks nice on her all black CBR and sounds pretty **** good.

as anyone on here heard the twobros and the yoshi in person? if so which did you like? what sounded deeper?

·
Registered
282 Posts
^I've heard both, and prefer the sound of 2Bros (think im in the minority tho) Yoshi has the looks tho, better build quality.
there are two vids on utube 1. slipon and FI-box, gains 2.3hp 2. fullsystem and FI-box gains 4.5hp.

....vid 1

....vid 2

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I can see that on the CBr250R
My Yoshi slip on gained me 9WHP

I just got the Twobros black series slip-on for the wife today. It looks nice on her all black CBR and sounds pretty **** good.

as anyone on here heard the twobros and the yoshi in person? if so which did you like? what sounded deeper?
2 Bros hands down.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have the yosh friend has two brothers. There both to loud and annoying. He actually took his back off. I think as far as looks go the yosh is much much bettrt

·
Registered
167 Posts
helo.
I got an info. No matter what you do to exhaust,
but if its a full system,

Reset the ecu by the dealer
then only you will notice any difference.
To understand it well,test ride after exhaust change,and re test drive after ecu reset.

Post here your experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the yosh friend has two brothers. There both to loud and annoying. He actually took his back off. I think as far as looks go the yosh is much much bettrt

I figure they both will be loud. I just removed the P1 tip from her Twobros. Going to see how it sounds tonight before I make the pick on which to get.

Which had the deeper sound of the two? I was listening to a few on youtube and I can't remember but one had a funny sound higher in the RPM range. her twobros did not

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey,guys if you are putting on a slip on,its cool,
but if anyone plans a full exhaust,be sure to get the ecu/ecm RESET,To gain performance,you expect.
The RESETTED ECU/ECM learns the nature of bike again and really helps in pick up.

I have a friend who had problems as reduced pickup,feeling as,if bike choked out air all the time with his full system put in.
But trying the stock exhaust again removed every problem.

This forced him to ask the mechanic,and the mechanic at first scolded him for fortefing
the warranty,and told he could have opted for a slip-on for which no problem to warranty.

He reset the ecu for him,and boy,i tried his ride.
Feeling like a real horse,and after riding for 1hour or so,those problems have resolved,and its wonderful now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Hey Brent. I've been looking for the same answers. I've seen a guy that removed his TBro carbon slip-on because of fuel smells and way too loud sound. I'm no mechanical genius but removing the stock exhaust (that has an integrated catalyst) leaves the bike without catalyst, hence the smells. I'm looking to buy the stainless Yosh slip-on. Been told by a mechanic that I should also change the air filter for a K&N (Manufacturer Part#: HA-2511) AND add a power commander to reajust the air/fuel ration... Others says just the slip-on will do fine... I'm confused.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys I have been thinking the same just took silencer out of my yoshi and not really any louder and I like the deeper sound, I would like to get some sort of sports filter really not worth doing the ECU for a little bike.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Brent. I've been looking for the same answers. I've seen a guy that removed his TBro carbon slip-on because of fuel smells and way too loud sound. I'm no mechanical genius but removing the stock exhaust (that has an integrated catalyst) leaves the bike without catalyst, hence the smells. I'm looking to buy the stainless Yosh slip-on. Been told by a mechanic that I should also change the air filter for a K&N (Manufacturer Part#: HA-2511) AND add a power commander to reajust the air/fuel ration... Others says just the slip-on will do fine... I'm confused.

If he is smelling fuel its because his bike is running rich right?
I tried the reset of the ECU before adding a fuel box and I saw zero change in performance. After a fuel box and tune the change was immediately felt.
DRC is running velocity stacks. A full system and fuel will not get you 4.5.
Talk to Gofast. We have similar set ups except he has a full system and I think we both found that this bike is just a bit underpowered on the race track. Speed on this bike is all rider. Its torquey and it has great handling once you mod the suspension so your only hope is in the corners and running great lines.. If your adding a pipe its for nothing more than making noise imho. Its does help throttle response. There are a lot of upgrades you can do to this bike that make a world of difference though. Brakes, Suspension, gearing, ect.. However there isnt much you can do to give it more engine power. I still ahvent seen anyone shave the head and go High Compressions ect. So if your not interested in racing the bike and keeping it "super stock" then that is where I would focus. Its going to cost you a pretty penny though so you have to weigh the cost vs getting a bigger bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really think going a 600 blade is the best option. I really can't see the sense in spending 1-2000$ even if u gain ten horsepower. Keep the them standard maybe just a pipe do your time on the 250 then upgrade here in Australia after my twelve months is up I should be able to get $5500 with the yoshi on and that will buy me an 06 cbr 600 with 110 hp ?. I will be Savin my pennies and play ecu and suspension on that can't wait ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1336653602.957627.jpg .

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
When to Reset ECU/ECM

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing a full system yoshi exhaust and a yoshi pim-2 power commander. Any help answer the following questions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is an ECM reset required? There seems to be conflicting info.
2. If required, should I do the reset before or after installing the pim-2?
3. Is the video link below a reliable way to reset the ECM?

CBR 250 ECM Reset: Part 1 - YouTube

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Soul_Searcher. I need to pick up a service manual.

Do you know of any "how-to"s online that follow the service manual?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts