Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Yoshi OR Two Bros?

25K views 81 replies 36 participants last post by  david92xj 
#1 ·
So I am about to order my new exhaust but can't decide between the two.

I want something that sounds good but not annoying. I prefer throaty over screaming.

I am afraid the Two Brothers isn't going to be loud enough and the Yoshi is going to be to loud.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
I like the weave of the CF on the Yoshi more then the Two Brothers myself. I'm sticking with a stock pipe and painted heat shield though.

#5 ·
I'm staying stock as well. At least for as long as the novelty of having a quiet bike lasts :)

It's a very personal taste so I wouldn't rely on our opinions too much.
I like the sound of the Two Brothers' pipe myself. A little quieter. A little deeper.
It's really hard to get a true sense of it from the videos (not all mics are created equal) but the Two Brothers' pipe almost sounds like a helicopter at idle.

On edit: Normally Id go with the pipe that has the flattest torque curve on the dyno but for this bike I think it's a moot point. They are all pretty close performance wise so it's just a matter of which sounds best :)

#7 · (Edited)
If what i see online is right..$350 for the yoshi slipon.......$550 or more for the two bothers?
I think i just answered your question :)

Unless money isnt an issue with you...in that case I have seen many other exhausts besides just those 2 that have came out in the past month or so for the 2011 cbr250r....do an internet search

#8 ·
I just installed the Yoshi slip-on. Its loud, but it has a deep throaty sound that I like. I got mine for $300 from a local bike shop (talked them into giving me a 25% discount since I bought my bike there). So I'm sure there has to be a place that would give you a similar price.

#10 ·
I just installed the Yoshi slip-on. Its loud, but it has a deep throaty sound that I like. I got mine for $300 from a local bike shop (talked them into giving me a 25% discount since I bought my bike there). So I'm sure there has to be a place that would give you a similar price.

2011 Honda CBR250R Stock Exhaust Versus Yoshimura Slip-On Exhaust - YouTube
@Spitfire omg.. that is the exact same thing I want to do with my black cbr250r.. But I'm having some troubles with getting the exhaust. & I like the WRX you have in the back too ;)

#11 ·
I'm rocking the Two Brother's and loving it. Everything I've heard about the Yoshi pipe is that it's got a similar sound but alot higher volume. I'm not a fan of not being able to hear things around me, I just wanted my bike to be heard as I come through intersections or blind turns(that's my excuse at least). The Two Brother's does that just fine for me. But as it's been stated, it's a matter of personal opinion.

#15 ·
I'm in a similar situation as you, Volcom - Yoshi or Two Bros. Since you went with the Two Bros, the website says it comes with a P-Tip (sound suppression). Did you get to choose which one (the P1 -3/4 db, or the P1X - -7/8 db)?

If you get a chance to hear the difference without and with the sound suppression installed, I'd really appreciate some comments as to how it sounds.

Thanks!

#16 ·
the website says it comes with a P-Tip (sound suppression). Did you get to choose which one (the P1 -3/4 db, or the P1X - -7/8 db)?
I just installed my 2Bros Black Aluminum this morning. It's loud. I'm gonna mod the stock tip using an old chopper trick before I spring the bucks for the P1X tip. I'll post up my results.

At cruising load, it's not bad, but this is a 250 and most of the time your on the gas somewhat. The more load, the louder it is.

#17 ·
I have the 2Bros carbon and have heard both 2Bros(obviously) and the Yoshi(USA) and prefer the deep 2Bros, Yoshi(USA) bit more high pitched. But the Japanese Yoshimura the 77 series rocks, but it'll cost you about $1200us.

#19 ·
So I went to my local dealer today to throw a leg over a bike. Low and behold! They had one with a Yoshimura can installed!! They were even nice enough to take it outside and start it up for me. Theirs had the db killer tip installed. Videos do not do the Yoshi can any justice. It is a deep grunty sound, that growls loudly when you get on the throttle. At idle, the exhaust is quite tolerable, reminding me somewhat of my old VT750 Shadow with straight pipes. With gentle acceleration, you won't wake the neighbourhood up in the morning. Let it rip and cars will definitely know you're there.

I love the unique look of the Yoshi exhaust and I think I've decided to go that route, WITH the db killer installed.

#20 ·
Just an update, old chopper trick (washer or thumbscrew a right angle to exhaust flow - and it's adjustable!) didn't work. I think it's close to the end. In fact, when fully closed, I think it got louder! Closed halfway seemed to make some diff, not much.

Looks like I'm spending money for some packing and the quiet tip.

Nothing worse than a vehicle that makes a **** load of noise and doesn't accelerate to match the ruckus <cough>HD</cough>

#21 ·
I'm with you, Steve. Crazy loud exhaust noise on our lovely CBRs is like that loud Texan who is all hat and no cattle. Tried a mod on my Yoshi by constricting the very inside end of the "low volume insert" pipe by cutting inch long cuts every 1/4 inch and then folding the ends together to narrow the inlet opeing tp about 1" in diameter , and...like with your experience, it got even louder and raspier. So I straightened it all back to near original. Back to square one. If it wasn't for the fact that the funky looking (cast iron heavy) stock pipe is soooo silent, I am almost tempted to refit it.

#22 ·
I'm on the boat with re-installing the stocker as well. I'll try the quiet tip and packing and if I'm not happy with the results I'll put the stocker back on and sell the 2Bros.

If I could get a sound half way between the 2 Bros and the Stocker, I'd be one happy camper. As it is, the 2 Bros is embarrassing and downright inconsiderate first thing in the morning to my neighbours.

Though for some reason this afternoon when I had some stuff to do at lunch it seemed to have toned itself down some. Most pipes do that, but not usually until you have 5000 or so miles on them.

#23 ·
Remove cat

I am tempted to try removing the catalyst by breaking it up with a chisel up from the inlet as an in between step to see what happens. This is obviously an irreversible test but may give a good horsepower increase. The other allure of a good slip on is ridding 15 pounds off of the bike but I am not willing to ride something that is so loud that I am causing trouble.

#24 ·
Just a little update. I realized after I posted my last reply that I'd be happier with the sewing machine sound so I put the stocker back on after work tonight. I'm going to repack the the 2Bro's and order the P1X tip (supposed to be 7db quieter).

If that doesn't tone it down enough, it'll be for sale.

As for power, their is no discernable difference between it and the stocker, it just sounds faster. But it does look sweet!

#28 ·
I'm going to repack the the 2Bro's and order the P1X tip (supposed to be 7db quieter).

If that doesn't tone it down enough, it'll be for sale.

As for power, their is no discernable difference between it and the stocker, it just sounds faster. But it does look sweet!
The quieter of their two available tips is supposed to be 7db quieter than the open pipe. It is only 2db quieter than what you have now.

#25 ·
Just in case anybody else wants to try it. Here's the sound mod. The thumbscrew (picked up at Lowe's for a $1.50) is in at about a 45 degree angle. 90 degrees I swear it made it louder! But at 45 it definitely knocked it down a couple of db.

#31 ·
Update. Picked up some more 4 stroke packing and drilled out the rivets on my brand new exhaust (gulp). Long story short. It's packed tight from the factory. A layer of steel wool surrounds the baffle, followed by a thick layer of fiberglass. Those rumours of 2 Bros. cans being lightly packed from the factory don't seem to be true any longer.

I couldn't stuff another ounce of packing in their if I tried.

So that only leaves the P1X tip and any mod we can come up with to shut the thing up some! I'll snap some pics before I button it back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.