Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2012 cbr250ra and i wanted to buy a set of Yoshimura Frame sliders. Before doing this i emailed Yoshimura R & D and this is what they said:

We have not tested the 2012 CBR250RA for fittment of these parts. We can not verify if these will fit on this model. Sorry for the inconvinience.

I am wondering if anyone has put these frame Sliders on a 2012 Model.

Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
As far as I know there the same bike and they should work. There were no changes in the bike as it was just released last year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I have seen there hasnt been any substantial changes to the bike... In fact I can't find anything anywhere to indicated that other than Some countries getting new or additional paint schemes that the bike has been changed in anyway.

To be honest I would highly doubt that the frame (where the sliders mount) or the bodywork has been changed in any substantial way - the cost of retooling after only a year would be too high unless there was something critically wrong with the design (which there isnt).

The Yoshi sliders mount onto the frame between the gap in the two side panels. On the bike you can clearly see the frame forming a V in this gap... This is where the sliders get mounted. Job takes about 20 minutes.

Maybe you could see or compare your bike to a 2011? I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
From what I have seen there hasnt been any substantial changes to the bike... In fact I can't find anything anywhere to indicated that other than Some countries getting new or additional paint schemes that the bike has been changed in anyway.

To be honest I would highly doubt that the frame (where the sliders mount) or the bodywork has been changed in any substantial way - the cost of retooling after only a year would be too high unless there was something critically wrong with the design (which there isnt).
I'm sure OPs figured this out, but I just installed a set of 2011 Yoshi frame sliders on my 2012 with no issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a set installed on my 2012 at the first service by the dealer. They protrude through gap in the fairing as described by Ash-Aus.

I've had no problems with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts