Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just bought mine last week and they shipped yesterday. They look by far the most usefull out of the other frame sliders I seen. Also a decent price. As soon as i get them Ill take pics and let you kno, but basically from the pics, it looks as if there are 3 clamps that attach to the frame itself, so just take off the side fairing and tighten the clamps.

This much beats using a threaded bolt location, as i hear sometimes on impact it will crack that part of the engine.

That site looks like a good price, I paid a little more on ebay, but whats $10 here or there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the first ones I've seen that appear pretty straight forward to installl with no cutting. There are also in a location that makes sense to me. I saw another pair that go more near the engine and are so low that it's hard to see the point. The fairings would most likely get cracked AND the **** engine pushed off center. But I am still basically a squid so wtf do I know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed a pair on my new bike yesterday. I made sure they got here the same time I got the bike. They are simple to install;
1) Pull the fairing by removing the three screws and numerous snaps holding it in place. The first screw is out in the open. The second is at the front top corner on the inside. The third is at the bottom corner.
2) Line up the bracket so that the holes straddle the bars of the frame and push on the aluminum clamps from behind the frame rail (there will likely be enough friction to hold them in place without having to hold everything yourself). Then thread the small screws into the clamps through the bracket. Tighten everything.
3) Reinstall the fairings in the exact reverse way you pulled them earlier.
4) Install the slider and aluminum stalk through the vent in the fairing and tighten the large bolt down with an allen wrench.
The only tool you will need outside of what you have on the bike is the large allen wrench/key that fits the center slider bolt.

They are simple to install and they work as advertised.

While learning to ride mine I have dropped it twice, both times at slow speed. The bike was unscathed. The only mark that was not on the frame slider was a tiny scuff on the mirror. After the first drop I stopped to look under the bike, and lo and behold, the frame slider was holding all the plastic bits above the ground. I picked the bike up, dusted myself off and parked it for the evening. Checked the bike out thoroughly this morning and the mirror scuff was the only spot I could find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts