Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm going to see my cbr250 in the next few days and saw this

According to the shape, it is the R-55. I'm wondering if that is possible and is there any mods needed for that. I've been looking for clips but no result. Any idea?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's another arrow exhaust on a cbr250, I don't know it's code but really like the look.

·
Registered
455 Posts
thats interesting. I have a R-55 on my 600. You would need to have a custom mid pipe made. I dont think it will just slide on the existing one.
Not sure if ti will do much for performance and sound either but it does look cool

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats interesting. I have a R-55 on my 600. You would need to have a custom mid pipe made. I dont think it will just slide on the existing one.
Not sure if ti will do much for performance and sound either but it does look cool
Agree with the mid pipe part and I think it won't be that hard for a mid pipe, the thing I most concern about is the fuel millage, will it be seriously affected? Since it's a 250, I want to use it as it was meant to be, a gas saver.
About the sound, I think it'll sound just like those slip ons, just hope it is not too loud :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
it will sounds like 4 wheeler.
The gas will be effected once you tune. You will have to tune it because it will essentially be a full system.
Bike will respond better though.
instead of 70 miles a gallon you will get 61 or somthing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this may sound silly, but I read a thread somewhere in the forum and generally someone said the ECU automatically adjust to fit with the new pipe. Plz make this clear

·
Registered
394 Posts
this may sound silly, but I read a thread somewhere in the forum and generally someone said the ECU automatically adjust to fit with the new pipe. Plz make this clear
I've been told the same. Bought a Yoshimura slip-on (can't remember the model number) for my CBR250R in December, got told by the dealer that whenever I change exhausts I have to let the bike idle for about 15-20 minutes so the engine "gets used" to the new pipe ... could be auto ECU adjustment?

PS Yoshi pipe is epic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so...long time no update. I've got a deal from a store which will charge me 325$ for a used stainless steel Yoshimura R55 for GSXR 600. Did not ask if it comes with the silencer or not but considering getting a brand new can and ship to my place will cost me 600+$ makes this used can deal sound so heavenly good!

My question is, can anyone measure the inner, outer diameter of the slip-on end of the R55 can on the Gixxer?

And I put some research about 4 strokes engines, and some said straight pipe is fine with them, so I basically think with a bigger exhaust pipe (I took a look at the R55, it's just a big straight tube) like that won't be any big deal, even I want to use it with the db killer. Plz, share your thought, I'm dead want to have that pipe on my baby. Thank you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone??? I searched many sites and forums of bigger bikes but no hope. Plz help me :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks bro. But I just love the R55, they are so gorgeous :D.
As soon as shipping is made clear and easy, I'll get that R55

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been told the same. Bought a Yoshimura slip-on (can't remember the model number) for my CBR250R in December, got told by the dealer that whenever I change exhausts I have to let the bike idle for about 15-20 minutes so the engine "gets used" to the new pipe ... could be auto ECU adjustment?

PS Yoshi pipe is epic.
I really cant see how the ECU will know what exhaust it has . :confused:

·
Registered
188 Posts
An aftermarket pipe can cause a different pressure at the exhaust valve than stock since it allows freer flow of the exhaust gases away from the valve. Oxygen is a component of the exhaust gases. The concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gases is related to the pressure of the exhaust gases by a chemical equation. It is also indicative of the quality of combustion.

There is an oxygen sensor in the engine block just before the gases exit into the headers that monitors the oxygen content in the gases. There is a prescribed oxygen content for ideal performance that the ECU will try to maintain by altering the air-to-fuel ratio in the cylinder.

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
take a llook @ the YZF-R6 SLIP-ON TRI-CONE Part # 1A0-356-5B51 SS it looks great and is smaller than the R55 :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
An aftermarket pipe can cause a different pressure at the exhaust valve than stock since it allows freer flow of the exhaust gases away from the valve. Oxygen is a component of the exhaust gases. The concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gases is related to the pressure of the exhaust gases by a chemical equation. It is also indicative of the quality of combustion.

There is an oxygen sensor in the engine block just before the gases exit into the headers that monitors the oxygen content in the gases. There is a prescribed oxygen content for ideal performance that the ECU will try to maintain by altering the air-to-fuel ratio in the cylinder.

wow! Never thought it is THAT complicated:eek:. Thanks for the info, I'll try to dig deeper and see what must I do to get the job done. Thank you very much bro.
take a llook @ the YZF-R6 SLIP-ON TRI-CONE Part # 1A0-356-5B51 SS it looks great and is smaller than the R55 :)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I still prefer the look of the R55 :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tom, you should be okay using the muffler without too much issue. You only need ECU reset for full exhaust systems. I was just answering the question above. Guess I should be using the quote function...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts