Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the yoshimura rear set brackets and would like to comment on them? Interested in getting a racer feel of the bike with those and some woodcraft lowering clip ons. Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have put clip ons on and i like the handling better over the stock handle bars. Nothing negative to say about the clip ons. My clip ons are custom built. Just dont go to low, cables will rub.
Looking to add the yoshimurs rear set brackets myself.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I have put clip ons on and i like the handling better over the stock handle bars. Nothing negative to say about the clip ons. My clip ons are custom built. Just dont go to low, cables will rub.
Looking to add the yoshimurs rear set brackets myself.
Can you post a pic??

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure maybe tommorrow.
Thanks brobeans. And I think someone in the racing community on this forum has both the clipons and rearset brackets so hopefully they'll key in soon. I'll probably end up buying them regardless... unless someone says something broke mid ride and they almost died.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks brobeans. And I think someone in the racing community on this forum has both the clipons and rearset brackets so hopefully they'll key in soon. I'll probably end up buying them regardless... unless someone says something broke mid ride and they almost died.
That sir would be me.

The woodcroft clip-ons make handling different, quite noticable and most important is the weight difference, which results in a bit more vibration (7k+rpm) and better response/feeling from the front end. The woodcrofts didnt change riding position much at all.

The rearset brackets arnt as high as I like and the rear brake lever is in an akward position (too high) when using the 45mm back and up slots, I cant figure out a way to lower the brake lever, I find myself lifting my leg to apply rear brake pressure. Anyone no of a way?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Heres pic of clip ons with steering straight and with sterring all way to the right. Cable will hit if you go to low with stock controls.
Mine have barely any vibration since bars are solid round stock, and still weight less than factory bars

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
The rearset brackets arnt as high as I like and the rear brake lever is in an akward position (too high) when using the 45mm back and up slots, I cant figure out a way to lower the brake lever, I find myself lifting my leg to apply rear brake pressure. Anyone no of a way?[/QUOTE]

theres a adjustment nut were brake lever were it attaches to brake piston, can adjust up or down. maybe enough to get what you need.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have both. I like the Yosh brackets. They do a pretty good job for a faction of the price. I had my first track day and wanted the Tyga rearsets but they were back ordered everywhere so I had to go with yosh last minute or run stock. Once i put them on i really liked them. Im actually considering adding rear sets on the yosh brackets to get them even higher. I dont really need them back any more but a inch higher would be good. You can add the 600RR pegs to the stock rear sets and it looks pretty good. I don't feel like the clip ons made a big difference in riding position. We actually tried to put them under the triple clamp but you couldn't put body work on with them that low. I want sharkskins to make me a custom front that will allow the clip ons to go under the triple. Not sure if its possible for them to...
Go for it dude if you ballin on a budget.

Reactions: shisoshin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about doubling up rearsets and bracket but then was confused by how retardedly long my shift linkage would end up being. May be less of a problem than I think but I couldn't justify having both without racing so brackets and clipons for now. Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Robbo, would you go with the yoshi brackets or, if you've seen them, the sato rearsets. Links to both:
Sato SATO RACING | Rear Sets - Honda CBR250R ('11- )
Yoshimura Yoshimura R&D - Aluminum Rearset Brackets
Couldnt comment on the Sato as I havnt seen them.

You can add the 600RR pegs to the stock rear sets and it looks pretty good
You talking about these?
CLICK ME

I thought about doubling up rearsets and bracket but then was confused by how retardedly long my shift linkage would end up being. May be less of a problem than I think but I couldn't justify having both without racing so brackets and clipons for now. Thanks for the input everyone!
I dont think the linkage bar would fit along side the bracket, needs to go under the brack itself. Would love to try this thought

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up buying the brackets off of a guy along with a bunch of other parts. Pics after install soon!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ended up buying the brackets off of a guy along with a bunch of other parts. Pics after install soon!
The stock peg location is too far forward. On a roadtrip I put my heels on top of the heelguards.

I'm really interested to know what you think of those.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The stock peg location is too far forward. On a roadtrip I put my heels on top of the heelguards.
That sounds slightly dangerous so I hope these work for me and, in turn, work for you!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I installed them and a few other mods. I like them a fair amount. I started them off at the lowest position but then ended up bring them up. Feels good. Not too different but noticeable on turns. Once you take then out for a run on twisties its wayyyyy different. Next lowering clip ons!

·
Registered
999 Posts
One quick question about the Yoshimura rearsets...

Do you use the stock shifter and brake linkage?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you use the stock shifter and brake linkage?
Yosh sends another longer shift linkage with the brackets that you use. And the rear brake has no linkage. Its just a tube with fluid so... it just bends a bit more. I didn't notice any changes in braking either.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah the riding position still doesn't feel aggressive enough for me. If I can find a way to get clip ons on the brackets Im going to try it.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I've seen these TTS Racing step kit TypeR 50-50 G-Type that you can get with either 50back/50up or 50back/70up, $269, but they still use the standard Honda Gear lever and horrible rose joint mount.

So My plan is to get Tyga rearsets and make my own mounts as They are only 35back/25up, I can make a longer rod if needed.
Tyga's ahave the advantage of spares being available for crashes, and they have new levers and linkage.

My left peg drags heavily and I dont trust only going 25mm up with solid pegs.

Reactions: shisoshin
1 - 20 of 42 Posts