Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to get a CBR250r with ABS very soon but not until I find affordable insurance of course. However, I am having quite the difficulty finding any.

I am a 20 year old female living in Ottawa, ON with an M1(m2 in a month or so). Everyone mentions the same places like Statefarm and TD but they all need you to be at least 25 or over even get insured in the first place. I have a clear record.

If you know a brokerage/insurance company that will give an affordable price to someone with my description please let me know!

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^

Progressive.

You are a youngin' but in America, female's get cheaper rates regardless which is total BS. Idk about rates in your area. Ask Live_To_Ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

I am looking to get a CBR250r with ABS very soon but not until I find affordable insurance of course. However, I am having quite the difficulty finding any.

I am a 20 year old female living in Ottawa, ON with an M1(m2 in a month or so). Everyone mentions the same places like Statefarm and TD but they all need you to be at least 25 or over even get insured in the first place. I have a clear record.

If you know a brokerage/insurance company that will give an affordable price to someone with my description please let me know!

Thank You!

The companies others have suggested do not offer insurance in Canada. I'm the same age living in London, ON, and I've talked to about 15 different insurance companies. In Ontario,many insurance providers have become stricter with young riders. From what I have been told,if you are under 21, insurance companies will not write you until you have had your license for one full year from the date you received your M1. After this point (June of this year for me), some companies to talk to are:

Jevco www.JEVCO.ca
Surnet SurNet Insurance Group Inc - About
TD
Ride On Motorcycle Insurance – Ride On™ - Insurance for all your toys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canada

Yeah I've talked to Jevco and such :/ Ive tried them all myself. Cheapest quote is 2.5k a year which isn't so bad I guess

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ That is just terrible.

I am at $250 a year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, my mother has her motorcycle license, etc and she is going to be calling on Wednesday to see if I can be added but since there have been recent age restrictions the youngest allowed is generally age 21 and my birthday is in March. :/

So, I'm continuing to shop around in case I can't be added to her policy. I mean 200+/month is the cheapest so far. It's expensive, yes, but 'cheap' in comparison to quotes of 3k a year - 7k

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
3K is absolutely ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the **** do they think they are by charging that BS rate????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Riders Plus only insures those over 21 years of age or with at least 1 year of previous insurance coverage
Sorry I thought the safety course was the only restriction. I just got my m1 and bike at the end of March and was able to get insured for 34 bucks a month with statefarm. But I have had my G for over 10 years. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry I thought the safety course was the only restriction. I just got my m1 and bike at the end of March and was able to get insured for 34 bucks a month with statefarm. But I have had my G for over 10 years. Good luck in your search.
Yeah it definitely helps to have auto insurance as well as motorcycle insurance, state farm is good for that. Enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Holy cow. I thought I was getting the shaft. I've got three bikes with full coverage, the 250, a super sport and a decked out cruiser. I'm paying around $2300 a year with Geico. The wife and I are both on the policy.

They told me it breaks down like this: 250, $500. Super sport: $1700. Cruiser, that's worth three times as much as the 250 and twice what the big CBR are worth, and I told them it would be ridden ten times as much: $250. Discounts for being a long time customer and multiple bikes.

I know how you feel, though - when I first got my license I got a hardship license in TX, age 14. I was paying more insurance than my Dodge Neon was worth every year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like it's so rediculous. I know friends who have gotten lucky somehow with statefarm and maybe made a 'mistake' because they're insured with them for less than a grand a year. In the exact same position as me.

I've gone ahead and tried many more places. Not even having an M2 makes a difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, that's definitely decent. Insurance in this province is generally a joke. I may have to give state farm a call and see what kind of quote they give me once I get the MSF course done (a week and half away, can't wait!)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have insurance through Progressive.

I pay $21USD per month, $250 annually and I have not even had my M endorsement for a decade.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts