Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Faddy tank pad (2mm) for the wife's bike, haven't installed it yet though.

I'd love to see pics of your tank pads :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looks like it might be difficult to get on straight. Good luck mine was a one piece thats looks like indivudal pieces

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it might be difficult to get on straight. Good luck mine was a one piece thats looks like indivudal pieces
Yea, gonna be a little tricky, but I think it will look different. Actually, the front/top of the pad is stuck on the plastic as well. So I'll line everything up, leave front stuck to plastic then carefully remove the back and stick it down to the tank. That's the plan anyway.... Like anything goes to plan... LOL

·
Registered
999 Posts
Would it be possible to cut the pieces out with a xacto knife before hand then use that sheet as a sort of stencil?

·
Registered
221 Posts

Tank Slapper, no scratches on the side from dust/pants or top when I rest my arms on the tank waiting for grandpa to move into the left/right lane

I had the same as yours before I got the tank slapper, remove the bottom piece first, apply to bike, remove top layer and your done with it on straight :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
That tank pad is sick where did you get that all i can find is the one piece pads. This ones different and i like that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'll take some pics over the weekend, I have TechSpec grips both on the sides and center of the tank (as well as the clear tankslapper film underneath the top of the tank).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tank Slapper, no scratches on the side from dust/pants or top when I rest my arms on the tank waiting for grandpa to move into the left/right lane

I had the same as yours before I got the tank slapper, remove the bottom piece first, apply to bike, remove top layer and your done with it on straight :D
I like that. I want to get one too.

I saw the TechSpec diamond patterned one that Sierra Motorcycle Supply sells and I think I will order it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Tom, I'm running the techspec grippers "snake skin" pattern, both on the sides and top (it's the center pro 3 on the top). I'll see if I can't snap a pic here in a lil bit.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Here we go... TechSpec Gripster Snake Skin sides and Center Tank Pro 3 pad.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow. I have the same set up as you DJ, even the top pad. Mine are called "Snake Skin" though while having the same tread pattern. Maybe you've got the wrong animal. Anyway, they really provide great traction. My bro says they're ugly as hell, but I like the look and I'm also a fan of utility and durability.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yup, bad memory... Snake Skin... that's the stuff. Edited, thanks.

Yes, I get tons of traction on the side pads, really great stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts

purchased from TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product ??

I tried to check it out, clicked categories and its 50% gibberish.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I tried to check it out, clicked categories and its 50% gibberish.

Suspect you'd need the thai font installed ... even then, it may be gibberish to you. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts