Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt drop my bike, my brother did. 300 miles old, I haven't touched a thing with it, it is shiny new, I wipe it off with a diaper... then my brother wants to ride it. I show him how, he rolls off, stops, looses his footing and drops it on the left side. The mirror and exhaust cover are all scratched up. I can't believe it. Just thought I'd share. Thoughts, commissary, advice, and constructive criticism are all welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My condolences Bro :(. Harsh. I'd feel sick about it but, what do you do. Accidents happen and I imagine your brother feels like "poo".

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Things get used, things get scratched...... Get a life; go for a ride to somewhere nice, and forget it. There are more important things to worry about.

Unless having a slanging match and a punch up with your brother is going make you feel better. More than likely Mummy or Daddy would step in and bang your heads together if they have any parenting skills at all.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Is he paying for repairs?
Fix it, and enjoy your still new bike. Don't let it spoil the experience.
Minor flesh wound!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Bummer but could have been worse. The damaged parts your talking about are not that expensive. Could have dented the tank that would have been much more expensive. These things happen fix her up and forget about it

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didnt drop my bike, my brother did. 300 miles old, I haven't touched a thing with it, it is shiny new, I wipe it off with a diaper... then my brother wants to ride it. I show him how, he rolls off, stops, looses his footing and drops it on the left side. The mirror and exhaust cover are all scratched up. I can't believe it. Just thought I'd share. Thoughts, commissary, advice, and constructive criticism are all welcome.
forgive me, but somehow I get the impression you brother doesn't know how to ride ("I show him how,...") and you let him ride your brand new bike?

I sort of think that you weren't wise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
middle of everywhere said:
I didnt drop my bike, my brother did... he rolls off, stops, looses his footing and drops it on the left side. The mirror and exhaust cover are all scratched up.
+Your exhaust is on the left? :confused:

I side with those advocating that the fix cost is on your brother.

Ride on.
Roadkill

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry, but if I let somebody ride that had never ridden, I would be the one who not only would take care of repairs, but would feel bad if they were actually injured. Had a friend already ask if he could take mine for a spin... said he had ridden when he was younger. I have never seen him ride in the 15+ years I have known him. I just told him no and that I would feel bad if something happened to him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you sure ?? coz the exhaust is on the right side mate.
Anyways it's time now to change the exhausts and your bro must be feeling even more bad about it. So better to forgive & forget.

·
1,305 Posts
atleast he is ok.
**** happens, but its better that it happens to plastic and metal, then to flesh and blood.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Guess which side the muffler is on is a matter of perspective. If you sitting on the bike = right side If you looking at the bike from the front = left side

good that brother wasnt hurt and bike is fixable but as others have said. No experience with bikes? no you can not try my bike. no you cant even sit on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
forgive me, but somehow I get the impression you brother doesn't know how to ride ("I show him how,...") and you let him ride your brand new bike?

I sort of think that you weren't wise.
My thoughts exactly. The only way someone with no experience would be on my bike is with the key out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts