Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I meet a young lady that has the shock on it from TYGA and after going for a ride on my bike is having Rach Tech do her suspension :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meet a young lady that has the shock on it from TYGA and after going for a ride on my bike is having Rach Tech do her suspension :eek:
Really? Are they that much different? I know the price is very different but didn't think the results would be that much different. Did you ride hers?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I know of them is they are junk. I had a thread started to try to get a group buy for a penske shock. the more people we get the cheaper it is
My step dad has the YSS on his Laverda race bike so I don't think they're completely useless. From memory them Penske ones were about 1000 bucks weren't they?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
A few people posted that they had ordered the YSS rear shock from Tyga but no one ever reported back on how they liked it. YSS also makes a newer design that features separate high/ low speed compression settings but they are weak on marketing them direct and don't answer their emails although Stevee had his Thai wife call them and they seemed to be interested in selling to us for $570. I was hoping that we could have a few people install the fully adjustable shock to get an idea on the final settings and then send them back to YSS to have them dial the same settings into their standard, rebound adjustable only shock which sells for $300.

·
Registered
175 Posts
From what I know of them is they are junk. I had a thread started to try to get a group buy for a penske shock. the more people we get the cheaper it is
how do you say that? have you ever used it?
I used yss shock for three years without any problems on full pothole Thailand roads. Good price and performance and it is totally not a junk.
I asked to my local modification parts shop in Bangkok and they said 270 usd and 400 something usd for two different models. I do not remember the difference between them now but they are 20 milimeters longer then the stock definitely. Not the same.
Any comments on how it effects the handling if it is longer then stock shock?
I think one of the worts part of cbr 250 is softy rear shock so i would like to change it to 270 usd yss model soon.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
how do you say that? have you ever used it?
I used yss shock for three years without any problems on full pothole Thailand roads. Good price and performance and it is totally not a junk.
I asked to my local modification parts shop in Bangkok and they said 270 usd and 400 something usd for two different models. I do not remember the difference between them now but they are 20 milimeters longer then the stock definitely. Not the same.
Any comments on how it effects the handling if it is longer then stock shock?
I think one of the worts part of cbr 250 is softy rear shock so i would like to change it to 270 usd yss model soon.
I said from what I know of them, I have a good friend who owns a suspension shop dedicated to mostly street bikes. He even said to stay away from them. Are they better than the stock one? i'm sure anything with adjustments is. But are their parts avaliable for these shocks when the seal head starts leaking fluid or somthing go's wrong? thats nother thing to look for.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I said from what I know of them, I have a good friend who owns a suspension shop dedicated to mostly street bikes. He even said to stay away from them. Are they better than the stock one? i'm sure anything with adjustments is. But are their parts avaliable for these shocks when the seal head starts leaking fluid or somthing go's wrong? thats nother thing to look for.
He is a business competitor. Of course he will bad mouth YSS. Also, YSS has recently hired new engineers and has all new designs. Double adjustable fast/ slow remote reservoir for $575 is the price to beat.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
He is a business competitor. Of course he will bad mouth YSS. Also, YSS has recently hired new engineers and has all new designs. Double adjustable fast/ slow remote reservoir for $575 is the price to beat.
Why would he bad mouth them? he doesnt make shocks, he rebuilds and revalves suspension. For that price I would rather spend the extra $200.00 and get a shock thats race proven "penske". Not that i'm racing this little guy but you know what I mean. Does YSS make parts for these things? thats another one of my concerns. They will eventually need to be rebuilt

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
YES not much better than stock :( and we set it for my 250lbs :eek: she will have her Race Tech next week set up for her 108 lbs and the canyons of the Malibu Mts :cool: ( frt/rr)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think I might give the shock a miss till I do racetech emulators in the front end.
Had sort of decided this in the last day or so anyway. Then I went to local suspension shop this morning and the owner basically said not to worry about it till I do the front end. And this bloke knows the Aussie YSS distributor personally.
He didn't really comment on YSS quality but the vibe I got was you might as well go Ohlins or something of that standard or don't bother. Seems to make sense to me, to wait, now I've thought about it a while. As a useless front end will make the backend feel pretty ordinary.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YES not much better than stock :( and we set it for my 250lbs :eek: she will have her Race Tech next week set up for her 108 lbs and the canyons of the Malibu Mts :cool: ( frt/rr)
Just wondering what you changed for your weight difference. Had she spent any time setting it for her weight and riding style?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Lo-Speed Comp Adj 2 1/2T of 6T
Hi-Speed Comp Adj 2 1/2T OF 6T
Rebound Adj 20C of 70C
Spring Series SRSP 5815
Rate 11.6 kg
Race Sag 37 mm
Linkage STK
SHOCK is a G3-S with remote res

T=TURNS FROM FULL IN