Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
HIGH wind gusts of 30-40 mph

It is dangerous isnt it riding in wind gusts of 30-40 mph???

I rode 4miles today and QUIT.

Seemed dangerous to me.

I am just making sure.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Holy C**P!!! That must have been exciting!

I am planning on getting one of these by spring, but not sure which. Either the Corsa or Double Bubble. I get a lot of wind on my 50 mile ride to and from school with all the farm country I pass through. The bike can handle it, no problem, but it doesn't offer a lot of upper body protection. I'm wondering if combining this and a set of clip on's will do the trick.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Steady wind isn't too bad. Neither are gusts if you have enough road and are familiar with countersteering. My most white-knuckle wind experience was coming across Wyoming just after having left Independence rock. Long, straight country road, one lane each direction for dozens of miles. Hellacious wind coming from the left, alternating between gusting and steady. Don't know the wind speed, but I was countersteering the bike at an insane angle, considering I was going straight, maybe 25-30 degrees from vertical. What made it a real hoot was the abundance of big rig traffic coming at me just on the other side of the dashed yellow line, maybe one every ten or fifteen seconds. I'm leaned over into the ridiculous wind, then a truck comes at me and as it passes me, it breaks the wind, and now I am countersteering into the truck, so I have to make an instantaneous countersteer in the other direction, and just as I do that, the truck passes and then have to countersteer back the other way. But with closing speeds of 110+ MPH, you can't do it in real-time, you have to anticipate ahead of time exactly how much force to apply, in what direction, and when. If you don't know what countersterring is, you'd be screwed or skewered for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are the ZG double bubble windscreens compatible with the 2013? I am assuming so, but I don't want to assume too much keeping in mind the hassle they are to change out.

Has anyone put the DB on a 2013? I see that some people are selling the corsa and sport touring as compatible with 2011-2013 but I do not see any sites saying this for 2013.

I want to put the dark smoke double bubble on my 2013 repsol.

I know that the yoshimura fender eliminator kit needed a couple of holes drilled to fit on the 2013, but I believe the holes needed to be drilled for the 2012 as well... no drilling needed for 2011.

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to zgoutlet (zgoutlet.com)
For the 2013 cbr250r, the ZGØ code # is 443

They have in stock a 16-443-19 which is the Zero Gavity /// Double Bubble // Dark Smoke aka (ZG DBBL DSML)

These are the same ones compatible with 2011-2012.

The price was $65 + shipping.

I do not believe the item # is listed on their main website. I contacted them via email and they provided me a unique link that let me pay via paypal.

$65 is a great price. :)

I'll upload photos with this on my 2013 repsol when I'm finished.

·
Registered
148 Posts
According to zgoutlet (zgoutlet.com)
For the 2013 cbr250r, the ZGØ code # is 443

They have in stock a 16-443-19 which is the Zero Gavity /// Double Bubble // Dark Smoke aka (ZG DBBL DSML)

These are the same ones compatible with 2011-2012.

The price was $65 + shipping.

I do not believe the item # is listed on their main website. I contacted them via email and they provided me a unique link that let me pay via paypal.

$65 is a great price. :)

I'll upload photos with this on my 2013 repsol when I'm finished.
Can you post that link id like to order one

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did a pretty decent tuck job on my way to work this morning and I hit 92. Previous top speed was 87 with much less of a tuck. And in my experience it doesn't redline in 6th.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

·
Registered
148 Posts
That sounds a little fast for a US speedo which tend to be dead on while the rest of world speedos are 8% too high. And I know there aren't any hills in south Florida. Must be a strong tail wind.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/321-how-fast-can-you-go.html
I was on the highway going 98 steady, it was as i was goin down an overpass that it hit 101 and then when the road leveled back out it dropped back to 98. I find that the only way i can hit those speed is if i redline in each gear briefly as im shifting up on other occasions when i shift up too early it wont hit as high of speeds

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

141 - 152 of 152 Posts